Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhirkumar001

Right off the assembly line
hi. i have P IV 2.4 GHz on Intel 845 GERG2 Mobo with GeForce MX440 and 256 MB RAM.running win xp pro with sp2 and all updates. I have a samsung 17 inch CRT-but its giving me only a 15.7 inch max. visible display at all refresh rates and resolutions. I have the latest nvidia and monitor drivers and also restored BIOS on the Mobo. Nothng is working. Help

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
try resetting the monitor to factory setting. if 845Mobo has inbuilt graphich card, then try running from it (ie.. remove your GeForce MX440)
and try. if any of these don't work contact some technician.

thank you.

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
i don't know if this will help: did you tried with other OS?
if possible try your monitor with other systems. even then if it is the same then get it replaced(if it is in the warranty period)

thank you.

sudhirkumar001 said:
hi. i have P IV 2.4 GHz on Intel 845 GERG2 Mobo with GeForce MX440 and 256 MB RAM.running win xp pro with sp2 and all updates. I have a samsung 17 inch CRT-but its giving me only a 15.7 inch max. visible display at all refresh rates and resolutions. I have the latest nvidia and monitor drivers and also restored BIOS on the Mobo. Nothng is working. Help

Have you played around with you monitor settings? (Horizontal/Vertical size, Zoom etc) ? Resetting defaults won't always work, as with Samsung, default settings will never fill the screen.

Keith

theraven

Technomancer
umm
tihs seems like a trick question
u have a 17" crt
all 17" crt's have effective viewable area of 15.7"
its the physical dimensions of it .. u cant change that by changing refresh rate and resolution :|

unless u meant something else .. in which case ur not clear at all

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eek? a 17" crt will give you 15.7" viewable area only.. therez nothing wrong!

for all the people who replied... what happ to u guys :p

OP
S

sudhirkumar001

Right off the assembly line
see when i brought this monitor(samsung (753s) 2 yrs. back it gave me a full screen display-across the whole width of the monitor. that is not the case now. The V size control is 100% and i still get two black stripes on either side. the H-size is working fine, in fact i get a full vertical display at 44% only. I believe the two controls are mixed up with some display software?. I am losing a lot of sleep over this. please help

theraven

Technomancer
did it happen after u installed something in particular or fiddle with any settings ?
say the nvidia drivers and display properties
in that case a system restore to a poitn where u think the settings used to work , should work

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi!

Me havin Samsung Saamtron 56V monitor. and few months b4 same happened with. i used to a wider screen but i dont but from past few months it showing black portions on both da sides. which is seen on reducin da verticla size. but my vertical size is at 100.

its nothin related with da OS.

also i'm not havin GFX Card. only onboard vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom