display problem while running games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhadkow

Broken In
hi guys , long time since last post.. gud 2 be back..

anyways i have a dell studio 15 laptop , with ati graphics.... i installed windows 7 rc n all the drivers without any hassles... but when i tried running any games (both old n new) they are not appearing in full screen... they take up only small portion of the screen and everything around is black!! it only happened with games...., i connected an external monitor viewsonic 19" and the games run fine on it!!! (didn't run both the displays at the same time) i dont understand what is causing the problem...

this is my first lappy , i have fiddled around with desktops but this a weird problem i am seening for the first time....., sys config 3gb ram, c2d processor, windows experience index 4.9...

everything runs fine in the native resolution ,the games dont run in full screen on the laptop display only (they work fine on external monitor in its native res)!! tried installing the latest graphics driver too...but no change, is there any setting that i shud change? i mean this is the first time am using a dual display (of course the laapy screen is set to off when external monitor is connected).

i uninstalled the vista home premium which was shipped with the lappy and the games ran fine then...., i liked windows 7 (using it on my desktop) so installed it onto lappy too... , can anyone give suggestions or solution to my problem..

thank you :)

Gauravs90

geek........
The games may be not fully compatible with wndows 7 afterall the games are older than windows 7 itself.

OP
B

bhadkow

Broken In
@gaurav

they(games) work fine when the laptop is connected to external display!! i have been using win7 rc since its launch on my desktop pc n many of the games run fine.., win7 compatibility mode solves most of the 'old' stuff issues...,

the problem occurs on the laptop display only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom