Display problem in new PC

ani1751

Broken In
I alreday asked this question in another thread 25days ago, but i lost the forum.
I bought a new PC with config as below
Amd phenom x6 1055t
asua M4A88TM/USB3
4GB adata ddr3 1333mhz ram
XFX HD5770 GPU
Corsair vx550

But when i run games, sometimes a striped screen or black screen comes and PC hangs, with music running.....Sometimes when i press a lot of keys, it goes to desktop and a message comes saying display driver has stopped working, I tried lates drivers, that ruined my games performance, and the problem was still there. Plz suggest me what to do.
I am using win 7 32bit original...
shall i switch to 64bit?

davidtwhittle

Broken In
I mean if you really like play game then buy ps3 its awesome!!! if you play game in your PC then you should buy high resolution graphics card..

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I dont play games on it, I was just checking performance....and i got the bug...

At present i am using catalist drivers, provided with the card, and i also tried the latest drivers available on filehippo, but problem was not solved, and performance was down....

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I changes to latest drivers(from ati site), let me check if problem still exist, and my original windows key is for 32bit, it will not work on 64bit, and i didnt purchased it, it was a gift. I am using win 7 ultimate.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
I changes to latest drivers(from ati site), let me check if problem still exist, and my original windows key is for 32bit, it will not work on 64bit, and i didnt purchased it, it was a gift. I am using win 7 ultimate.
i think it will work! is it retail version?

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I have no idea, my brother give it me on phone, he asked me whether i wanted 32bit or 64bit, so i think i will not work, but if the problem still exist and there is no other way to troubleshoot it, than i will try 64bit, formatting PC takes a lot of hard work :(.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If you buy Win7, I think you get both 32 and 64 bit on same bundle. The key should work.

borax12

the dotmaster
...bro probably doing these in order could help
1.heres the link to the 10.6 catalyst-Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM
(it would be better to first download revo uninstaller...google it and the first link will help you......uninstall the previous driver and control center installation...)
2.power down the system.....and then check the gpu connection......onto the pc x16 slot.....push it down firmly....there should be a click sound after it fits down perfectly...actually the the gpu would be screwed down to the pc expansion back plate slot on your case so....it would be a good idea to unscrew and and install the card firmly again....

3...check ur display connetcor......ensure that the display connector ..both on the monitor and the card ...and connected properly....

4....then....check the display settings menu for native setting in the control center....go to system display properties...from the desktop....set the screen res to your native screen res and frequency(i guess it would be 60Hz....only)...

before all this....go to the bios and revert all the board setting to default...settings...ths option is there on the first menu page....save and exit.....

i hope this helps...and yes switching to win 7 64 bit won't help you on this problem...but will definitely give you more room on the hardware front.....64 bit os have support for more hardware resources...esp the RAM and all....but in general it wont help u out on this problem...
i hope that helps...otherwise.....

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
Done all that, nothing solved, The problem remained silent for few days after new drivers installed, No when i started GTA 4, It was not running smoothly, even in lowest graphics... than suddenly the devil screen showed up... and here i am again!!
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 16393

ajai5777

Youngling
This is just a driver issue.

Make sure that

You have installed the latest drivers from ATI
Internal Graphics in board is disabled.
All chipset drivers are installed.
Windows driver updates are up to date.

NJempire

Broken In
Well m8 ATI have some issue with windows 7....the drivers and all are not proper or something like that..I can't help you much with the full but for that sprips thing try this:

open ati control panel(by right clicking on your disktop and selecting the first option)
in there select desktop and display.

then at the bottom of the sceen you can see your monitor just above it a small black arrow press it and select configure

then you can see the property select full sceen well if the option is like not selecteable decrease your resolution a bit and then change it.then you can change your resolution back and your game will come fullsceen..

well I had this issue some days back on my bro's lap and found the solution from the new somewhere not sure where...but all thanks to the orignal guy...and hope it help you a bit... :D

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
I have four sockets for RAM, I just put my RAM to the higher socket for 1600mhz, And i guess the problem is solved..... Just praying it will not blow my ram..... and suggestions about sticking to 1600 slot, shall i switch to 1333 slot again...??

Top Bottom