display is becoming sluggish..need urgent help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i dont know why but tilll today morning everything was proper...my desktop looked superb..
suddenly in the evening i saw that all the icons and quick launch buttons and the system tray buttons had some sluggish look and very unclear...and big..
also ..most of the written material ..in white (on sites..and forum) looks blue blue...and blue in between..

i dont know why this is happennig...as soon as i reapply the theme ..all the problem almost gets solved like task bar..and quick launch..system tray becomes clear again..but on rebbot the problem starts again...

in order to show u the difference i am posting the images of my desktop...

desktop when clear...and and without problems(in the morning )
*img82.imageshack.us/img82/6672/newbitmapimage25si.th.jpg

desktop with problems..see the quick launch and system tray icons speciallly..
*img283.imageshack.us/img283/2029/newbitmapimage28oj.th.jpg

what is the problem can please tell me is it hardware (my agp card MX 4000 ..i have noticed that it is getting very hot..(the heastsink on mobois like very hot ) and sometimes there is loud noise..and also monitor screen..just goes off for a sec anytime in between anytime )

whats the prob related to ??please help me..also please see the images above in full size (1024 x768 ) to see the problem area clearly..

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
sometimes i had this problem too(icons) even though i dont have AGP card. I just logout and login, But this occurs rarely.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Looks to me a over-heating problem. You need a software to monitor the
CPU temperature. Install SpeedFan, get it from :
*www.almico.com/speedfan.php
And monitor the Temperature & post the results here. Beware that too much
over-heating will fry your mobo. So if you notice these symptoms, turn-off your
PC immediately.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
the readings are as fllows ....from speed fan..
temp 1= 37
temp. 2 =36
HD 0= 36
TEMP 1.=30 ...ALL THE TEMP.s have a down pointing blue arrow...
found ACPI temp .30...

are they all ok ??i think ..this is possible..due to some overclocking done to my agp card (mx 4000)...by some registry edit called "coolbits" but in the properties i saw overclocking is disabled !!
if i format my hard drive (any ways its empty )and do a clean install ..will the overclock and other settings be restored to original or not ???
i am ready for a clean install..but will this solve the problem means are all the settings restored back to normal ??

will someone answer my question please ?????

JGuru said:
Looks to me a over-heating problem. You need a software to monitor the
CPU temperature. Install SpeedFan, get it from :
*www.almico.com/speedfan.php
And monitor the Temperature & post the results here. Beware that too much
over-heating will fry your mobo. So if you notice these symptoms, turn-off your
PC immediately.

why isnt anyone replyin to my problemmplease tell me..now i think its not hardware but software ..i think cauz if i change the theme it some what becomes..good !!

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
well....the prob seems to be that.....some application is increasing the size of all caption buttons.......go to settings and set the caption buttons to 25and re-boot ur computer.....also try uninstalling all theme(s) softwares like AlienUG etc..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Looks like the themes you have used is the culprit. Change to Windows XP theme.
I think everything will be normal after XP theme. The Temperature readings you have
posted are normal , so there's nothing to worry. So relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom