Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the late reply

Here is the info from crystal disk
View attachment 17436
Does this mean the Hard disk is OK ??
No,your hdd is not ok.In crystaldiskinfo--function--advanced feature--raw values--select 10[DEC] to display values in decimal number system(by default all such program show values in hexadecimal number system).Your hdd current pending sector count raw value is A(aka 10 in decimal number system) which is not good & your G sense error rate current & worst value have dropped to 1 indicating your hdd is not securely fixed in enclosure.I wouldn't trust this hdd with any important data.Also just for future reference 100% hdd usage for first 4-5 minutes of booting win 8.1/10 is normal for a laptop hdd.That is why ssd are so much better as system drive.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
No,your hdd is not ok.In crystaldiskinfo--function--advanced feature--raw values--select 10[DEC] to display values in decimal number system(by default all such program show values in hexadecimal number system).Your hdd current pending sector count raw value is A(aka 10 in decimal number system) which is not good & your G sense error rate current & worst value have dropped to 1 indicating your hdd is not securely fixed in enclosure.I wouldn't trust this hdd with any important data.Also just for future reference 100% hdd usage for first 4-5 minutes of booting win 8.1/10 is normal for a laptop hdd.That is why ssd are so much better as system drive.
So should I replace the HDD ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So should I replace the HDD ??
If you have the budget you should(a new 1TB WD Blue laptop hdd costs ~3.5k).I would also suggest getting the hdd from local mkt instead of online(internal hdd are very delicate & courier handling is not good most of the time for such delicate items) & make sure to get it installed in laptop securely(tell shopkeeper that software reporting movement shock to hdd indicating hdd is not properly installed within laptop).

If you don't need that much space I suggest buying samsung 860Evo 250gb ssd from onlyssd.com for ~5.7k.The difference in system performance will be like night & day.

Last edited:
OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Still have the problems when windows automatically downloads updates and I have no way but to install the when shutting down. Next time I start it will take a while to start. Windows takes a while to boot so i am using linux. By the way do you guys have any problems like this ??

Now here are the results from linux. Now there are 10 bad sectors !!
Screenshot from 2018-05-23 19-32-32.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^from my previous post:
Your hdd current pending sector count raw value is A(aka 10 in decimal number system) which is not good & your G sense error rate current & worst value have dropped to 1 indicating your hdd is not securely fixed in enclosure.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
So can I repair the HDD ?
Perhaps...
complete format the HDD and check if it helps reduce/remove the errors.
but still don't rely on it completely.

You can repair it from the HDD technicians but the repair cost will be higher than the price of the new HDD. and that too after repair no guarantee it will survive for long or not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom