Disabling the one how?

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

It relates to Windows XP Home Edition. I have got AVAST FREE ANTI VIRUS(VERSION 6.0.1289).You know there should not be two Anti-virus on the same system. I want to install and check another Internet security anti-virus software.Then,how to install the new one and CHECK IT without uninstalling the AVAST FREE ANTIVIRUS(VERSION 6.0.1289).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^type services.msc in Run dialogue box and disable each & every service related to avast antivirus..
& then install new antivirus...after the job is done the enable the services of avast in a same manner.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Which one are you going to try ? Me too using Avast for around 2 years now. It is as good as any other antivirus.

In system tray (near clock), right click on Avast icon (Orange one) > Avast Shields Control > Disable Shields Permanently

You can now try other antivirus without any problem. Do remember to turn it ON after uninstalling the test product.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
BIS is good. Tried myself. But if you are planning to get an illegal copy, I would recommend stick with Avast Free or try Avira Free with a good firewall. Cracks undermine the very idea of using an antivirus.

Top Bottom