Digital Signature problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi guys/gals,
I have a very interesting & probably a very tough problem for u guys/gals to solve.
CONSIDER THIS AN URGENT AND PRIORITY SITUATION.

I own a MTNL Class 3 Authorized Individual Digital Certificate.
I use it to access Delhi Government's e-Tendering portal *delhi.govtprocurement.com/.

The problem, from the original (un-formatted) Windows XP installation from which I "claimed" my Digital Certificate Signature (DCS) from MTNL's site *www.mtnltrustline.com, I am able to log-in to the e-Tendering portal using the certificate.
But when I use another Windows installation to access the same e-Tendering portal using my DCS, I get an error "Invalid Digital Certificate".
I have tried this on 4 different computers/installations and am getting the same error.

This means, that if my original (un-formatted) Windows XP installation, from which I "claimed" my DCS, gets corrupted (God I hope not), I loose the ability to log-in.
And I'll have to spend a heavy amount for a new signature & registration.

So please guys, help me.
Thanks.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I don't think it is the way you think it is. see this link. *mtnltrustline.com/hierarchy.htm

Your digital certificate will be valid. I hope that you have taken it in CD/USB. Whenever you want to use it, make sure the claiming certificate is already installed. From whichever PC you want to use the Digital Certificate, make sure that you download the claiming certificate from the above link and install it as per instructions. In our office we use MTNL Digital Certificate for ROC and Income Tax purposes. We do use it from different PC's without any problem.

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
I don't think it is the way you think it is. see this link. *mtnltrustline.com/hierarchy.htm
Already following the exact instructions as mentioned on website as well as user guide.
But still facing the problem.
Whenever you want to use it, make sure the claiming certificate is already installed. From whichever PC you want to use the Digital Certificate, make sure that you download the claiming certificate from the above link and install it as per instructions.
Claiming certificate can be downloaded only once from MTNL's site. If it can be downloaded multiple times, that'll probably solve my problem. Kindly tell me how & from where.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have already given the link for installing the certificate required for using your digital certificate. the name of the certifcate is MtnlTrustLineHierarchy.p7b. download this (this can be downloaded any number of times) and right click and install. Afterwards, you will have no problem using your digital certificate. But If you have not stored your digital certificate with the extension .pfx, then buddy you will have to buy a new one. That is why I asked you, whether you had put in USB/or CD. Also see this guide which I have posted on rapidshare:*rapidshare.com/files/170449689/Procedure_For_Importing_Digital_Certificate.pdf.html

Last edited:
OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Thanks for your reply Ramakrishnan.
I have already installed the MtnlTrustLineHierarchy.p7b certificate.
As for my own DC, it is stored in .pfx format.
After importing, it does show in properties that I have a Private Key corresponding to the certificate.
I have a backup in my HDD, USB HDD and e-mail.
So where's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom