Digital Camera suggestion. Budget 15K (+expandable)

cool.aquarian

Broken In
Hi All,

I am going to buy my first digicam after utilizing my w800i's 2MP autofocus camera all these years, as I am due for some traveling.
I would highly appreciate your advice for my need as I am not much into the core technicalities of a digital camera(atleast not the in-depth measurements like focal length, various speeds, aperture size etc..).

You can consider my budget for camera to be around 15K (+extendable only if it is worth it).

My present requirement is for taking pictures and video in all kinds of light (daylight, evening, night) with accurate colors and acceptable clarity. The pictures and video are intended to be stored on laptop only(with maybe very rare printing of memorable photo or editing of video for personal use).
Also, though I dont want to spend unnecessarily, I would not mind if spending little extra makes camera few years future proof for higher quality content(if I need it).

I have always been a follower of Sony products. My Laptop/LCD TV/Walkman-Mobile are sony only. So my first immediate consideration went for Sony Cybershot range.
Currently, Following are the three in the Sony Cybershot range I am considering:
1. DSC-W370/B: 13K (14.5MP, 7x optical zoom, sony processor/lens, and i think this one was rated pretty high among the best digicams of 2010 on some website)
2. DSC-TX1/N: 15K (10.6 MP. 4x Opt Zoom, BIONZ/Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar)
3. DSC-TX7/S: 23K (with Full HD Video capability)

Please advice me which(among these or any other) would be the best Digital Camera fitting my needs.
Few Other well-known brands(Canon, Nikon) are also welcome if they really offer a big cut above sony (otherwise i'll prefer to stick my loyalty with Sony).

Thanks mates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom