Digit review of asus g15

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.digit.in/reviews/laptops/asus-rog-strix-scar-15-review-228221.html

@Anorion and other digit staff..
I read the recent review of scar 15. It is missing one crucial detail.
The reviewer did not test whether the laptop has a mux switch or not. Not having a mux switch means the laptop is using both dgpu and igpu via software, which has cpu overheads. Laptop will perform better when connected to external monitor.

Is it possible to add this information and re-test with monitor attached

Honestly speaking, I never read reviews from digit, nor considered it when recommending a laptop in recent times. But they surely have improved apparently with more relevant data, good going. I partially understand that most readers won't be as tech-savvy as me, so such reviews have to not lengthy & be simple.

I have personally observed 10-15% fps bump with ext. monitor via miniDP from my laptop. This effectively cancels out all the hit to fps my laptop took due to CPU & GPU limitations I put in to keep it cool.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Why does it say it has 96% dci p3 coverage but in the next line they say it is not color accurate and not suitable for content creators? This can be very confusing to new buyers.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Why does it say it has 96% dci p3 coverage but in the next line they say it is not color accurate and not suitable for content creators? This can be very confusing to new buyers.
Maybe what they mean is that although the monitor can display a lot of colors, there are small differences between the expected color to be displayed vs the actual color displayed by a pixel.

Top Bottom