kiranindia

Broken In
Heloo

Planning to buy Laptop and came across these two model

> Aspire 4720

Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile processor technology, featuring:
T5250 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.50 GHz, 667 MHz FSB), supporting Intel 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 3945ABG, 2 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp wireless technology
>
Compaq Presario C713TU Notebook PC (GU007PA)

Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology
• Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5250
• 1.50 GHz , 2 MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB
• 802.11 b/g WLAN

Price

Compaq Presario C713TU Notebook PC (GU007PA) Rs 37,900.00
Aspire 4720 Rs 35,500.00

What is different between these two processor? Both are Core 2 Duo!

Which processor should i buy?

In terms of build quality Acer or Compaq?

What about Lenovo?

Do i get Lenovo laptop on these price and specification?

Do i get better processor power and more specification in AMD Laptop, same price?

Please help me :cry:

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
1. Both are the same...
2. I would prefer compaq.. but i haven't used an acer.. ;)
3. Lenovos are just too costly.. no VFM..! better to avoid them., and of course the vaios.. :D
4. no ideas about the AMD..

And yeah... Wrong section..!!
Also check out a review of the acer 4720 in the reviews section..!!

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Get the Acer 4720. It gives u a better config at a lower price as it comes with linux.
Also consider this *h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...123071-1123071-1123071-80637409-80841672.html

OP
K

kiranindia

Broken In
Is there is any issue with mobile processor?

Mobile processors have power saving modes and are generally slower and generate less heat... Now there are 2 easy ways for them to do this... One is to have circuits which can be turned off like the math side of the cpu which is rarely used normally... Another would be to run a fast cpu much slower than its rated speeds... Like the new intel chips draw 40 watts running at 2GHZ... at 3GHZ it draws 150 watts... a 50% increase in speed draws over 300% increase in power... at 3.5GHZ it draws over 200 watts... This is one of the main reasons why mobile cpu's run much slower when they are not actively being used and this is especially true of the new cpu's which draw 2-4 times their old power rating due ot multi cores and speeds.. There are also other problems since you cant just supply 40 watts now and 250 watts in the next second without a power supply built to handle it... which means a cpu for the power supply as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom