Difference between Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C9D3B1/4G and Kingston HyperX (Red) KHX16C9B1R/4

demonicpriest

Broken In
Hello,

can anyone tell me the difference between
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G)
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) - Kingston: Flipkart.com

and

Kingston HyperX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (KHX16C9B1R/4)
Kingston HyperX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (KHX16C9B1R/4) - Kingston: Flipkart.com

What is the difference the Blu cost 3500 while the Red only 2350
Specification wise both seem same.
Also will the red work on a Asrock mobo it K series Haswell?

Thanks
Bodhisattwa Jana

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get that red ram immediately. awrsome price from wsretail. they were also selling the blue one at that price ,but went OOS too early. if you want, then dont miss the opportunity.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
WTF!! I ordered that Blue one 12 days ago at Rs 2350. And now its Rs 3500 !! :shock:
Good thing I ordered Two of them at once! :D

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
Just bought 4 X 4 GB (for new Rig) red at 2340*4 = 9360/-
Used HDFC 10% Cash back ( bought something else to take total over 10K)
so total on ram was 8424
each stick = 2106/-

Me Happy :)
Thank for the advise guys

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Just bought 4 X 4 GB (for new Rig) red at 2340*4 = 9360/-
Used HDFC 10% Cash back ( bought something else to take total over 10K)
so total on ram was 8424
each stick = 2106/-

Me Happy :)
Thank for the advise guys

congrats. post pics of the red beauty :D

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
Hello Everyone....
FK just delivered the RAM really loved the packaging.... they are good.
Here is the pic..... HyperX red.jpg

OP
D

demonicpriest

Broken In
Hello,

I was going through tthe specs and it seems the Kingston Hyper X ram is supposed to run at 1333 MHz at 1.5v and will run at 1600 MHz with only 1.65 volt. Is this ok for z87 board? or will I have to run the ram ai 1333 MHz?
Or would returning them and getting RAM that runs at 1600MHz at 1.5 volts a better option?

Please advise

Confused....

Regards
Bodhisattwa Jana

sukesh1090

Adam young
i think you should be able to run it at 1600 with 1.5v without any problems.if it supports XMP proile then enable it then it will run at 1600MHz.btw why didn't you go for corsair vengeance ram? ;)

i think you should be able to run it at 1600 with 1.5v without any problems.if it supports XMP proile then enable it then it will run at 1600MHz.btw why didn't you go for corsair vengeance ram? ;)

If it is stated that that ram is rated at 1600 MHz and tested at 1.65 V, you WILL have to run it at 1.65 V if you run it at 1600 MHz. Lower voltages will cause instability. This is the job of XMP- to inform motherboard about the required voltage for current speed. Without XPM you'll have to set the voltage manually as in case of AMD boards.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

hyperx blu is a better overclocker than vengeance and look at the price he got the ram.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
yeah i checked the price later.few days before i saw that ram for 2.35k now its price is 2.8k.overclocking of ram will only give negligible improvement in performance that too only in few memomry bound applications.for daily use and gaming ,overclocking will not give any performance improvement.so if you are getting kingston hper x blu and vengeance at the same price (not in this case) then i would say its better to go for corsair one because of their good after sales support and also killer looks ;).

@ harshilsharma63,
yup thanks for pointing it out.he has to just enable XMP profile as he is using intel configuration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom