Diff. b/w Original Nokia & Unbranded Data Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexByte

Norms Buster
One of my friends needs a Data cable to connect his PC/laptop to the Nokia 6080 for the EDGE functionality. The original Nokia Data cable CA-42 costs about Rs.1600-1800 while the unbranded ones are costing about Rs.500-600.

Will an unbranded data cable cause any damages to the computer and the cellphone ? :mad:

Is there any other hidden dangers in using unbranded ones ? :confused:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Though it may not be causing much problem to hardware but you won't be getting the performance as with original one

You are paying Rs.500 for an unbranded data cable? It seems too expensive. My friend bought one for around 250 bucks. I'm not sure.
Well, I don't think there is any difference between the two, but you may loose the warranty if you use the unbranded one, get some problem and nokia people come to know of it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
do not worry abt anything. the compatible ones retail for less than 300 now. get one of them. its totally harmless. u may safely use it.

munchy

wAnnaBe pIraTe
dude if ur in bangalore,
go2 national market in majestic and bargain,
u'll get one for <300rs
and yeah the fake ones hav no drwback and are safe,
if u find on the net,
thy are built using the same architecture as the original ones,

Kniwor

Learner
asnvin said:
Though it may not be causing much problem to hardware but you won't be getting the performance as with original one

Please explain.

IMHO, there's nothing to worry about, they're all the same, the original will just look more flashy.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hmm i think the Original should use direct Usb support as in Usb.
And the unbranded ones user Virtual Serial port and herein is the problem.
Either you get it working or just get frustrated..
But its only my thought..i may be wrong but read it somewhere.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Recently,I got a DKU-2 cable from eBay for just Rs.135(inclusive of delivery charges)!!!

h**p://cgi.ebay.in:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190131573503&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ::1

It's working very well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom