Development PC, Budget 45K-60K

saiki4116

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly for Web and Mobile Application Development. Run Server(NodeJS,WildFly) and Database(MySQL,Postgrade,Mongo) Instances locally. I would use linux and occasionally run Windows on a VM for any unsupported Applications. Have to be able to run multiple Android Emulators. I play DOTA2 once in a week.

I might get into Machine Learning and Digital Image Processing in Future.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 45K-60K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Open to that option

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Linux(Ubuntu)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: SSD and 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have Dell 22'' IPS in my mind, been using at my workplace.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within in a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would prefer it to be as compact as possible. Thinking of ITX motherboards, but availablity of good cases is also an issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom