Desktops vs Laptops: Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Fhd screen is good, but damn weak GPU. :(
A proper GPU with gddr5 ram would have pushed the price to 60k atleast.

It was good at the time of launch, and it has been already more than a year since the series is stopped.
And i don't understand that why people take gaming always as redundant unless played in 1080p at ULTRAAA settings!?! Simply bs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It was good at the time of launch, and it has been already more than a year since the series is stopped.
And i don't understand that why people take gaming always as redundant unless played in 1080p at ULTRAAA settings!?! Simply bs.

I'm comfortable playing in 720p as long as the frame rates are 30 or higher. But playing on native 720p is one thing and downscaling to play on 720p because game lags on 1080p due to GPU is another.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Because why the fk not?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'm comfortable playing in 720p as long as the frame rates are 30 or higher. But playing on native 720p is one thing and downscaling to play on 720p because game lags on 1080p due to GPU is another.

yeah, downscaling is not good but the gpu in that is good enough to give 30 fps, but not in latest games though. You can get everything good in a single package, you have to comprpomise on something, and I compromised on GPU (own the same lappy).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.sony.co.in/support/product/VPCCB45FN

I have this for 2 years.. bought at 50K
Nothing but an exception.

Dell also came up with such models, only to discontinue them and be back at 1366x768 for 50K.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Nothing but an exception.

Dell also came up with such models, only to discontinue them and be back at 1366x768 for 50K.

Dell has gone stupid with 2013 models. ULV proccys+HD screen+AMD driver issues. Hell even the turbo series was so much better.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Depends on what you want it for.

Portability : Regular laptop

Portability and Mediocre to High end Performance : Gaming Laptop

All ranges of performance(low,mediocre,high-end,extreme) and no portability : Desktop

Besides a regular desktop offers upgrading capability and customization which only very expensive laptops can match

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
but dell india f*cked up big time, selling Inspiron 17r at freaking 1.2-1.5 lakhs for the same config whose USA price was around 1200$-1400$, then they reduced the price to some 1 lakh for the same and removed lots of customisation options Dell USA gave. :facepalm:

All their current laptops have ULV cpus :banghead: with the exception of overpriced alienware ones :pullhair:

*www.dell.com/in/p/laptops.aspx?c=i...7477~0~3898718,57477~0~3898719&p=1&results=30

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dell has gone stupid with 2013 models. ULV proccys+HD screen+AMD driver issues. Hell even the turbo series was so much better.
Lot of people having these in my hostel. No driver issues.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
exactly!!

I wish more people were of the same mind.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:(Forgot this)

yea i agree laptops are better all those people who assemble overpriced desktop choosing each and every component are bunch of fools and should be hanged for not buying laptop..............

yay!!! laptop rules.............

Deja Vu.

You sacrifice portability for performance where the money is constant. Therefore portability is inversely proportional to performance. < This is the 10th standard equivalent for a comparison

Your total integration of reliability, performance and portability will yield a Laptop, where the portability constant tends to zero for desktops. When portability tends to zero, performance tends to infinity. Performance is variable in the sense it is depended on upgrade-ability and cooling factor. Where in all factors are exponentially proportional to money and cost of maintenance.

TL;DR: Apples and Oranges

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
yea i agree laptops are better all those people who assemble overpriced desktop choosing each and every component are bunch of fools and should be hanged for not buying laptop..............

yay!!! laptop rules.............

Sarcasm sarcasm everywhere

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Desktops are better. They are faster and perform better.

Laptops can be carried everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom