[Views] Dell's support to its phone customers poor

shaunak

Tux Fan
Hey,

My Dell XCD-35's screen went bad in my 10th month of ownership [Lucky it did not decide to wait till the warranty ran out before conking off]

I was quoted 60 working days to fix the fault since the model is now discontinued. I was not issued a stand-in either. Its been 45 days now and I called up the service center. They said it might just take a little longer since they are having trouble locating the components. The result being, for nearly a month and a half, I have not had a phone. I'm growing a little tired of hunting for PCO's now. Not to mention my already meager social life is now officially dead (Don't miss it anyway :p). [On a lighter note - Achievement unlocked: Phone-Rehab :p]

Yes, I know you will say that if I wanted, I could have got a cheap nokia for the 2 months, and I am just ranting. I agree I am. That's why I am not posting this as a complaint.

In my opinion:
Dell needs to realize taking so long to fix something as vital as a phone is not cool. Even if you have stopped selling a model, you should at-least be in a position to honor its warranty in a reasonable amount of time. I mean is having a few hundred spares in your inventory so difficult?
-or-
Dell needs to issue a stand in.

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
Its been 60 days now. I visited the service center today and they informed me that they need another 30 days to fix the phone.

This matter is really trying my patience now.

Top Bottom