Dell's Customer Service..? Any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm planning on buying this 24 inch dell that everyone keeps talking about. Mom's ready to pay the 43k, no probs there. Only thing is, since there is no 'face-to-face' interation with the person who sells you the product, we're a bit diffident about going ahead with the purchase.

Now can I ask, has anyone had any experience with dell machines? Are they reliable? How do I give the Monitor back in case of a defect. Or whose throat do I have to catch if they take ages for repairing/replacement. Do they take ages?

Thanks in Advance.

Goobi.

RinceWind

Broken In
hi goobi, i work for Dell US tech support and i believe the India return policies are pretty much the same as US return policies... incase the monitor fails within the warranty. a new piece will be sent to you and you will need to return the defective piece back in the new ones packaging within approx 7-14 days. I know that a lot of people in US actually use both monitors for a while if the older monitor is only partially defective.

And you know the best thing about Dell not having local stores? Whatever you say to tech support over the phone, they gotta believe. I haven't had any experience with Dell India support but as long as you are aware of the policies, you should not face many issues dealing with them.

I've already ordered the 2407 a few days back. besides some issues with banding, this is an excellent monitor. Dell PC's may not be the ideal machines as far as reliability is concerned, but the monitors which Dell sells are as good as you can get in the market for the price. Besides the 5 year warranty will be more than enough.

100% agree with rincewind. Dell provides exellent after sales service. I've been dealing with dell for about 3 yrs now. I'd suggest to wait for some time for the 24" though... Dell has started shipping 'A03' revision (yeah you read correct 'A03') in japan and it is likely that this revision has fixed all known issues with this panel. But it might take time for thse A03's to arrive in India.

Last edited:

RinceWind

Broken In
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Dell has started shipping 'A03' revision (yeah you read correct 'A03') in japan and it is likely that this revision has fixed all known issues with this panel. But it might take time for thse A03's to arrive in India.

A03? Had no idea Dell was taking out another revision so quickly.. any links you could share mentioning 2407 A03's? Tried looking around the net but couldn't find anything.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
By the time that A03 comes to India, my b**ls will start sagging to the floor. Now is the time. The banding according to many is not noticable unless you go looking for it (I will, but my family wont). My main purpose is movies, and nothing else.....

RinceWind said:
A03? Had no idea Dell was taking out another revision so quickly.. any links you could share mentioning 2407 A03's? Tried looking around the net but couldn't find anything.

THE LINK
The guy is having worse problems with the A03 :confused: let's see what happens...

RinceWind

Broken In
Ah! found the link about the guy in Japan who received an A03 2407 -

*forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=63795

Seems like the banding may be gone but he's facing more serious issues... the monitor seems to be blanking out randomly! Yikes! Hope this is just a bad piece he got and not an issue with the new revision.

In any case.. lets see what version i get.. probably A02.. but i can always get it replaced later incase the A03 turns out to be a winner.

Oops! didn't see your reply, MakeWay!

Last edited:

vasulic

Journeyman
Iam a non-tech guy. Once my laptop got corrupted, So, I called their toll free number the service guy guided me step by step and after more than 45 mts conversation with him I can able to rectify my laptop myself. Thanks to Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom