Dell XPS15 i5 with upgrades or i7 ?

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys, i wanted to buy a laptop and my range is around 55K please give me some more suggestions, right now i have 2 options,

Dell Inspiron New XPS15
Intel Core i7 2630QM (2.0GHz/3MB cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
6GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
500GB4 SATA hard drive 7200RPM
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT525M
DVD/CD Writer Drive

and
Dell Inspiron New XPS15
Intel Core i5 2410M (2.3GHz/3MB cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
6GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
750GB4 SATA hard drive 7200RPM
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT525M
Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive (With free 7-8 Blu-ray disks of Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2, and 3, Pear Harbor, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Cars and Up)
Dell Backlit Keyboard

I have highlighted the differences...
My use is really heavy i do a lot of multitasking but still would like to get good speed while doing a single task so not sure 2GHz i7 would give me much of a performance boost over 2.3GHz i5, am i right about this ?

And secondly the i5 config gives me a LOT of other goodies like 250GB extra HDD, BR drive with great movies and i saw a vid of Dell Backlit Keyboard of XPS15 and i loved it.

And finally guys please tell me a good place to get a good deal in mumbai or indore or online, here in bhopal vendors dont even know what sec gen iCore processors are and XPS15 is ridiculously overpriced !!!

Thanks in advance...

Guys waitin for reply... Please help me as i need to get the lappy by this month only... And i really need suggestions on where to buy it..

If you are in Bhopal , You can order your laptop from Dell showroom in M P Nagar 1st phase near Raymond Shoroom.

Will you be doing Gaming ? If yes then upgrade to 2Gb GT 540M if not then 1 Gb 525M is ok.

I think you should go for i7 if you are going long term .

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks vicky, didnt knew about any dell showrooms in bhopal, do u think i will get a better deal there compared to buying it online via dell site ???

And i game a LOT but on my Xbox360, will only play games to show off my new AWESOME lappy ;-) so m gonna stick with 525M, and anyhow there not a significant performance diff between the 2 and secondly that 2GB vram is just for showoff cuzz it will never be utilized, the laptop will bottleneck it...

And lastly m leaning towards i5 cuzz of all the other additional stuff, bluray and HDD...

Thanks vicky, didnt knew about any dell showrooms in bhopal, do u think i will get a better deal there compared to buying it online via dell site ???

And i game a LOT but on my Xbox360, will only play games to show off my new AWESOME lappy ;-) so m gonna stick with 525M, and anyhow there not a significant performance diff between the 2 and secondly that 2GB vram is just for showoff cuzz it will never be utilized, the laptop will bottleneck it...

And lastly m leaning towards i5 cuzz of all the other additional stuff, bluray and HDD...

How are you getting these additional stuff ? Look in Dell's website you can find the exact address .

If you have some bargaining skills you can ask him for stuff but they hardly give anything with XPS . :|

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
How are you getting these additional stuff ? Look in Dell's website you can find the exact address .

If you have some bargaining skills you can ask him for stuff but they hardly give anything with XPS . :|

I mean for the 4k spent on i7 i can get bluray + 750GB HDD 7200RPM + 6-7 bluray movie disks(free) + back lit keyboard (It looks really cool, check this link and play from 2:10Dell XPS 15 - Backlit Keyboard)

And i am buying it in the name of my cousin bro, he is in Accenture so i am gettin a sweet 5% discount almost equal to 3k :grin:

And i agree they wont bargain at all, talked to a dell representative, not even a free mouse or headphone :x !!!

I mean for the 4k spent on i7 i can get bluray + 750GB HDD 7200RPM + 6-7 bluray movie disks(free) + back lit keyboard (It looks really cool, check this link and play from 2:10Dell XPS 15 - Backlit Keyboard)

And i am buying it in the name of my cousin bro, he is in Accenture so i am gettin a sweet 5% discount almost equal to 3k :grin:

And i agree they wont bargain at all, talked to a dell representative, not even a free mouse or headphone :x !!!

Lol . If you buy from your brother and he is Accenture that laptop will get audited . I think he knows what he is doing !

Enjoy . Get i5 then . I am also from Accenture and did not opt for the Accenture discount !

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont know about the audit n all but when i asked him he straight away said yes n told me he got a laptop from dell for his bro too... so i guess that wont be an issue...

Btw which laptop do u have, when and from where did u get it ???

Top Bottom