Dell XCD35 or LG optimus one p500

ajaybc

Youngling
I am looking to buy an android based phone with a max budget of 11K and have shortlisted Dell XCD35 and LG Optimus One P500.
Both are priced at 10.5K here in Kochi. I liked the looks and finish of the XCD35 and it also has a higher resolution.
Although the XCD35 has only android 2.1 installed I intend to install CyanogenMod as it is supported.

But I also heard that XCD35 is not actually made by Dell and it is actually ZTE Blade rebranded for India.
Which one should I opt for ? pls help

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
People love Dell for its warranty and servicing... you are getting that with XCD35. Its a decent phone but has only 256 MB RAM. If you can install Cyanogenmod port to it, then speed would not be a problem.

Are you confident ZTE Blade's ROMs are compatible with XCD35? If confirmed, then it would be a good choice,,,

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I would (if I had 10k) go for the XCD 35 hands down.

1. 3.5" great screen with a 800x480 resolution
2. Excellent choice of ROMs, CM7 hands down the best, with android 2.3.3
3. Even better, the CM7 rom makes the phone super responsive.
4. plays almost all HD games even with the puny Adreno 200 GPU.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

1. 3.5" great screen with a 800x480 resolution
2. Excellent choice of ROMs, CM7 hands down the best, with android 2.3.3
3. Even better, the CM7 rom makes the phone super responsive.
4. plays almost all HD games even with the puny Adreno 200 GPU.

what about the battery life? it has puny 120mAh battery to power a 3.5" TFT

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

1. 3.5" great screen with a 800x480 resolution XCD wins hands down here
2. Excellent choice of ROMs, CM7 hands down the best, with android 2.3.3 O1 too has around 3-5 gingerbread roms inc 1 CM7 rom
3. Even better, the CM7 rom makes the phone super responsive. same here. using CM7 on my O1
4. plays almost all HD games even with the puny Adreno 200 GPU.O1 as well as XCD is based on Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset = 600Mhz ARM11 proccy + Adreno200 GPU. XCD35 = 256Mb ram but O1 = 512Mb ram

my answer in red.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Are you confident ZTE Blade's ROMs are compatible with XCD35? If confirmed, then it would be a good choice,,,

Yeah. ZTE blade ROMs are compatible with XCD35.

I'd suggest LG O1, as it has much more RAM than XCD35. And with much better specs.

My friend has an XCD35 and he flashed Cyanogenmod which removed the RAM limit and now it is 512MB.
The only problem I have found is the battery life but he says it will last for more than a day with moderately heavy usage and the CM7 has some sort of battery management

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My friend has an XCD35 and he flashed Cyanogenmod which removed the RAM limit and now it is 512MB.

only possible if the unit have a locked 256Mb ram. most XCD35 ships with 256Mb ram.

The only problem I have found is the battery life but he says it will last for more than a day with moderately heavy usage and the CM7 has some sort of battery management

best way to improve battery life on any Android mobile is to dump the stock ROM & go for some CM7 or modded rom.

Top Bottom