dell studio xps 16 queries...

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i was thinking of buying a good performance laptop which totals in cpu n graphics performance..
after lots of searching i came to conclusion that dell studio xps 16 is the most powerful laptop available in India currently...
but my few queries are :-
1) wat to choose bw 15.6 n 16" RGB screen ??? is it much of a difference? coz both are 1080 supportive but RGB costs some 13k more... is it worth it ???

2) and is some other laptop available with almost similar performance but less cost ?? :/

3) should one go for 3yr extended full support from dell ? n does it cover dead or weak battery ? n wawt if the laptop breaks? do they provide u a brand new laptop ?

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Dell XPS models have some problems in there hardware and heat problems too!!
Don't even think about xps models of Dell, you will waste your money nothing else.
i too had purchased the Dell Studio XPS 13 model but after getting so much problems i had opt refund offer.

OP
tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
but i think dats the best n most powerful laptop one can buy in India...
theres no laptop out there to match dell studio xps 16 - core i7 740, ati 5730 1gb, 4gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram, 500gb 72k rpm.....
wat kind of problems ??

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
ok no prob. go ahead if u want to stick with that...
i too have spend 70k on there xps 13 model... after using 4months i send that back to the dell and got money back.
these models are slim in the size and the biggest problem is there heat outlet. when the screen opens full, it covers the outlet...
i was having the problem with heatups, my screen was changed too, my speakers was changed too, my wi-fi chip was replaced too....
and one more thing.. there people who come to replace the faulty parts have very little knowledge about these xps models as rarely anybody buys this. I would also like to tell you that dell has given the replacement contract to wipro company so no dell employee will come to replace ur parts imagine what knowledge they will be having!!!! even when they came at my home they clearly were saying that we have opened this xps 13 model 2 times only in there life.... haha means experiments was going on my laptops!
in the last ...
tell me where the studio xps 13 model has gone!! why dell has stopped shipping this model??? do u hav its answer? no
i tell u there are problems in that model that's y it has been removed! i have purchased that model in oct.09 and now its gone from there website imagine.. now i am feeling lucky that i got my money back otherwise i will also have been weeping for 70k!!!

Dell laptops are not good as they appear mind it! Else choice is yours! they give cheap quality laptops then replace the parts very easily which too are 2nd grade parts. and mind one most important thing if u are not having the warranty then each part will blow ur pocket! (a very good idea by dell to keep the customer bind with them by taking the warranties)

pentiumlover

Broken In
Thanks to GPU failure my 44k Dell Vostro laptop is now useless .

Repairing cost is close to 12k .

So if you plan to invest 70k , then please take extended warranty . I regret that i had not taken that .

Anyhow Studio XPS and XPS series do have some heating issues .

PS : If you are not constrained by portability i suggest you a 40 k laptop and a 30k assembled pc for gaming .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i was thinking of buying a good performance laptop which totals in cpu n graphics performance..
after lots of searching i came to conclusion that dell studio xps 16 is the most powerful laptop available in India currently...
but my few queries are :-
1) wat to choose bw 15.6 n 16" RGB screen ??? is it much of a difference? coz both are 1080 supportive but RGB costs some 13k more... is it worth it ???

2) and is some other laptop available with almost similar performance but less cost ?? :/

3) should one go for 3yr extended full support from dell ? n does it cover dead or weak battery ? n wawt if the laptop breaks? do they provide u a brand new laptop ?

1. Pick 15.6" FullHD display if you are opting for discrete graphics
2. yes. check Sony Vaio and if you are okay with Acer, aspire series costs less and they do have extended warranty options that costs less
3. definitely go for 3yr complete cover. It has saved many asses. :)

Top Bottom