Dell Studio 15 (1555) screen replacement

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey everyone

Need some help, I have a Dell studio 15 (1555). Recently the screen died, on contacting the local dell dealer he told me that the production of the screen has stopped and there is no way to replace this. Please advise on what can be done, can I get a replacement from some local vendor or is there a dell central office than can send me a replacement for this.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
15.6 Replacement Laptop Lcd Screen For Dell Studio 1555: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Replacement if performed by service center it is better.

Not really.

@OP - Get it from any local shop, will do fine. Dell officially doesn't support out of warranty studio laptops. Non-availability of parts is just a way to get off.

$hadow

Geek in making
Not really.

@OP - Get it from any local shop, will do fine. Dell officially doesn't support out of warranty studio laptops. Non-availability of parts is just a way to get off.

A senior of mine performed a similar task and kaput the new display as well.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Am a little worried about doing a DIY and possibly screwing up more than the display itself. Will try to see if I can get hold of the display from some local vendor ... nahi to I guess it's new laptop time :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Am a little worried about doing a DIY and possibly screwing up more than the display itself. Will try to see if I can get hold of the display from some local vendor ... nahi to I guess it's new laptop time :p

Good idea. Trash that old Dell laptop and buy a new one.

Top Bottom