Dell ST2220L, Samsung BX2250 in Mumbai

pushkar

Journeyman
I want to get a new 21.5"-24" monitor. It must have a VGA (RGB) input, because my notebook has only a VGA port. I saw the Samsung BX2250 LED monitor few days ago and I was blown away by the quality of the display. The color and sharpness was awesome.

After reading this section of the forum, I have seen that the Dell ST2220L is a very popularly recommended monitor by Digitians, but I am not able to find any Dell monitors where I live. However, I will be visiting Mumbai soon, and I have heard Lamington Road is a good place to shop for computer stuff. BTW, I guess ST2230L or ST2240L are also options I can consider.

So my questions:

1) Which one do you guys recommend? The ST2220L or the BX2250?
2) For those living in Mumbai, is the ST2220L available there?

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
1. both are almost similar but go with samsung.. it has better picture quality.. and its response time is 2ms ..less dan ST2220L ..

and 1 thing BX2250 lacks is HDMI port.. n if u are ok with dat.. den go ahead with SAMSUNG

Last edited:
OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
The BX2250 has two HDMI ports. It doesn't have DVI port(s).

@pulkit, have you seen both the monitors' quality? (I am curious because you say that the BX2250 has better quality).

What difference does a lower response time make? I am not a gamer, if that is of any importance. I will use the monitor a lot for working on photographs in Adobe Lightroom, and to read books and browse websites with lots of photographs. So I want something with great brightness and color.

And the BX2250 has 5,000,000 contrast ratio compared to ST2220L's 8,000,000. How much difference does that make in real world usage?

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
BX2250 has 5,000,000 contrast ratio compared to ST2220L's 8,000,000

this wont give u much noticeable difference..
dell is 8.5k,, check for BX2250 price before buyin..??

be careful - ur monitor shud nt have any issue like screen burn.. i purchased Samsung monitor and in its manual it was clearly mentioned "dnt watch still image for long time it may cause screen burn".. so consider this very imp..

BX2250 has two HDMI ports. It doesn't have DVI port(s).
yes.. i took opposite by mistake.. :(

Top Bottom