DELL SE198WFP 19" LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
raj.singla said:
I m ready to pay for full HD'' if it s really worth it..
I m of the believe that Gadgets r not updated daily...So it better to invest one time rather than investing after every year....
The main thing i m looking for is Quality..
But i want to make sure th money i m paying for the LCD monitor is worth paying for it....

currently only 24" are full HD & hence there is a premium for that.
one E248WFP is a TN based @ 26-27k & other 2407WFP is a S-PVA panel @ 40k

IMHO 24" E248WFP is grossly overpriced right now considering 22" E228WFP retailed for 28k 8 months back & currently its up for grabs for 15k
so i think im pretty much clear here

full HD is gonna pay u if u attach it with a ps3 which can support 1080p output or say a graphics card that can really chalk out playable frames at 1920x1200 resolution!!
for movies its not gonna pay as they are watched from a distance
full HD is also good for office work including spreadsheets

moreover as far as i know there is no better warranty upkeep in INDIA than DELL

pair ur product with a 5 yrs advance exchange & u have a peaceful mind for 5 yrs!!!

raj.singla

Broken In
Vivek i have been waiting the prices for 24'' to come down from the long time...
40k Is too much for me..
I didnt knew abt the 26k version though...
What's diff between the two? why there is diff. of such huge prices?
Can u pls post the specifiactions of both the LCD also...I know u r master at these things....
I have also heard from my dealer that market price of computers r best in Jan as dec last week is holiday in western countries..So Dealers over there do give special offers like we recieve from outr dealers at Diwali...
So prices do fall in the first fortnight of Jan.
Also, i have 8600GT graphic card only so will it support games graphics @ such resolutions..I mean will it able to support HD content?

assasin

Banned
^^^^ forget bout gaming at HD res witha 8600GT (i.e at 1920x1200).u'll need to 2*8800 Ultra to deliver playable fps at high settins at those res though ur 8600GT will support playback of hd content.
if ur r ready to pay 40k then i think its best to invest in a SONY Bravia 26" HD tv.u can use it for both watching tv and as a monitor.

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@raj.. dude plz. look at posts patiently & do learn to use search engines as they yield lot more info
vivekbabbudelhi said:
currently only 24" are full HD & hence there is a premium for that.
one E248WFP is a TN based @ 26-27k & other 2407WFP is a S-PVA panel @ 40k
assasin said:
^^^^ forget bout gaming at HD res witha 8600GT (i.e at 1920x1200).u'll need to 2*8800 Ultra to deliver playable fps at high settins at those res though ur 8600GT will support playback of hd content.
eactly true

assasin said:
if ur r ready to pay 40k then i think its best to invest in a SONY Bravia 26" HD tv.u can use it for both watching tv and as a monitor.
dont even think of using a 1366 x 768 panel or hd ready stuff as a pc monitor for some basic work .At that size : resolution ratio & at that brightness ur eyes would cry.Hd ready panels are only good enough for gaming & movies.
One more thing most tv below 32" are crap.If im given a choice to choose between a 24" full HD monitor & a 26" HD ready TV for using it for both watching tv and as a monitor,I would choose a 24" S-PVA monitor anyday.

raj.singla

Broken In
@ Vivek [dont even think of using a 1366 x 768 panel or hd ready stuff as a pc monitor for some basic work .At that size : resolution ratio & at that brightness ur eyes would cry.Hd ready panels are only good enough for gaming & movies.]

Then i guess i would have to drop the idea of 24'' LCD monitor as as nan engg. i soend lot of time on computer daily...
I dont want to hurt my eyes...Besides i dont have money to upgrade my graphic card too....
so Guys pls suggest Which LCD monitor should i go for keeping in watch that i used it for long duration of time in a day too??

What do u mean when u say that 26k is a tn based LCD Monitor?

Last edited:
OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
^^^ i think u have pretty much messed up with things here.This is it

LCD TV of 26" or 32" generally have a panel resolution of 1366 x 768 & are labelled as HD ready.It can though accept a 1080p signal over HDMI but it would scan it down according to its internal circuitry i.e to its panel resolution say 1366 x 768!!

LCD monitor of 24" generally has a panel resolution of 1920 x 1200 & is labelled as full HD i.e can accept a 1080p signal over DVI-D.

LCD monitors of 20" & 22" generally have a panel resolution of 1680 x 1050 & are labelled as HD ready i.e can accept a 720p signal over DVI-D.

raj.singla

Broken In
Ok thanx for the info but which among has the most soothing effect on eyes?
n is there ny relation bw Resoultion n its soothing effect on the eye?
n is there ny relation bw FULL HD n HD Ready n its soothing effect on the eye?
I m little confused over these things..Pls make me clear regarding this 2...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Any lcd monitor running at its native resolution will have a soothing effect on your eyes. So in case of a 24" display, you must run it @ 1920*1200 to attain a crisp image. If you try to run it at any other resolution the text will be blurry, thus strain on the eyes.
Also using a DVI input, greatly improves the quality of display and with all this use the "clear type" fonts.
So as long as the image is crisp and clear it will have "soothing" effect on your eyes.
Get yourself a monitor if you work with text n other graphics work. If you just want to use your pc as an entertainment box then get a lcd tv.

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
raj.singla said:
n is there ny relation bw Resoultion n its soothing effect on the eye?

yeah its "size:resolution" ratio in layman terms

raj.singla said:
n is there ny relation bw FULL HD n HD Ready n its soothing effect on the eye?

no as far as pc LCD monitors are concerned they optimised to be used from near i.e 50-70cm

whereas LCD tv are optimised to be used from a distance i.e optimally 3-7m

raj.singla

Broken In
Allright....So According to u 8600gt can support upto what size of LCD Monitor?
I think that will help us come to a decision that which screen should i go for?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
8600gt can support upto 30" (2560*1600) dual monitors but don't even think about about gaming at that resolution. I wouls suggest you buy a 24" or even a 22" display.

raj.singla

Broken In
John will my high end games work fine on 24''...I want to get an Full HD ready Monitor...
That's why i m anxious to know this...
Look at my PC config. it can give u better Idea
Processor C2d E4300 1.8Ghz overclocked to 3 Ghz...
Mb Asus P5N-E Sli
Ram Transcend 2 GB Ram @ 800 MHZ
Hdd 320 GB Sata 2 with 16 mb buffer...

n ofcourse Graphic card of xfx 8600GT...

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes, games will certainly run but you will have to settle for medium setting. Can't expect more from 8600gt.

See gaming depends on the resolution and not the size of the monitor. To fully enjoy your "highend" games at full HD resolution your will need a 8800GTX or even a SLI.

Full HD = 1920*1080, so get yourself atleast 24 incher :) BTW, whats your budget?

Last edited:

raj.singla

Broken In
my budget was abt 20k but due to 24'' i guess i ca stetch it a little...26k is not a prob..
But is it s advicable to shell out that 13k for S-vga panel?
What's difference of both the panels?

raj.singla

Broken In
thanx for the info...
Sue to less Response time TN panel is good but S-PVA do offer good colour gamet n Viewing angle....
But i ll be certainly going for TN based panel for its less response time...
Hey i have heard this thing from my dealer(He also have good knowledge on Computer Peripherals) that LED based TFT will be in mainstream market in the next 6-9 MOnths...These LED based TFT'S will take the TfT'S to a new level..
Till date Samsung has lauched them but they r way too much costly at this time..
He advised me to take 20'' Panel of Dell Currently at abt 10800 plus tax So that i can easily upgrade myself with that TFT panel after one year...
Till at the end of next year i can upgrade my graphic card too...So that will be a much better option to play games at high resolutions with high quality rather than taking a 24'' LCD right now n getting struck as my card wont support those levels of Resolutions....
What's ur call on this?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
That can surely be done.

Since I recently sold both my lcd display :D I am looking to get a new one as soon as possible.

But then why do you want to buy a lcd now, rather wait 6-9 months and get the new display. :wink:

raj.singla

Broken In
Actually i will need another PC's after some time.One for my Home n one for myself...So i plan to get LED Screen at that point...So now i m looking 4wd to have a 20'' screen in the first 15 days of Jan but if Prices of Dell 24''' TN based falls drastically then i mighted be tempted to go for it...
Which one u r looking 4wd to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom