dell inspiron extended warranty worth 11k?

chinmaya

Journeyman
hi , i have a dell inspiron 5520 which is almost 1 year old. I wanted to go in for an extended warranty and i contacted dell. They told me that the complete cover costs 8k for 1 year and 11k for 2 years :-x. is 11k warranty worth taking for a laptop costing 44k?

I still have about 10 days left in my existing warranty. They also mentioned that this extended warranty does not cover battery replacements.

so What do you guys say? is it worth taking?

harman90

Broken In
Mate ! you can take this warranty any time !! so dont go for it now.

I had dell laptop and its body was very fragile. SO i took the warranty two times and got replaced with defected parts.
If you think you have similar problem with hardware or bdy then you surely can take over the warranty any time in future.

There is no need to extend the warranty.

Please note : Your hardware or body parts only get replaced if your pc is already in warranty. So if you see in any sign of problems in your laptop, and think this could create problem in future, Then i would say that its good time get your pc covered.

Gollum

Collector
Mate ! you can take this warranty any time !! so dont go for it now.

I had dell laptop and its body was very fragile. SO i took the warranty two times and got replaced with defected parts.
If you think you have similar problem with hardware or bdy then you surely can take over the warranty any time in future.

There is no need to extend the warranty.

Please note : Your hardware or body parts only get replaced if your pc is already in warranty. So if you see in any sign of problems in your laptop, and think this could create problem in future, Then i would say that its good time get your pc covered.

lol, once the unit goes out of warranty the user cannot get new warranty

@chinmaya, they are probably referring to accidental damage protection warranty
ask them if its onsite ADP or regular carry in/offsite warranty

battery is a consumable part so there in no extended warranty for that. no one gives warranty on battery
HP oferes the best warranties, 6k for 3yr warranty lol

fuser

Right off the assembly line
I would advise against it. In two years at most you will need to change your battery and your dvd drive will be cooked. Nowadays there is hardly any use of the later (except for digit dvds) and former is much cheaper than 11k even you can cover your later problem too within that 11k.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Once, when dell laptop was spoilt,I contacted the cc they said pay 8k for warranty,as it's was out of warranty+extra cost if the warranty doesn't cover it.Dint accept the offer instead gave it to a local servicing

harman90

Broken In
lol, once the unit goes out of warranty the user cannot get new warranty

@chinmaya, they are probably referring to accidental damage protection warranty
ask them if its onsite ADP or regular carry in/offsite warranty

battery is a consumable part so there in no extended warranty for that. no one gives warranty on battery
HP oferes the best warranties, 6k for 3yr warranty lol

Really??
Dude get the proper Check on your knowledge before posting your reply !
You can get the warranty anytime, till 4 years of the date of purchase. and I have extended my dell warranty 2 times within gap of 9 months and year. They will send you a guy to check the laptop so as to make sure it is not in faulty condition, and will give you warranty.

Make sure ! you dont end up with sale person because they also told me the same when My warranty was about to expire, But i didnt went for that bul*hit of a sales person.

Top Bottom