Evil Genius
Hi All,
I've got a customised Inspiron 9100 with the following config:

P4 3.2 GHz
1 GB DDR-RAM
100 GB HDD
ATi Radeon 9800 256 MB
4x DVD-RW drive

I'm using it at Uni in Australia at the moment, but I am looking to sell it when I graduate in about 2 weeks and come back to India. I'll be picking up a proper desktop gaming rig then. I picked it up for AUD 4000 which comes to roughly Rs. 1,40,000...and I bought this in 2005 January...

It had a 1 yr warranty with Dell which has expired, but the laptop is in great condition. The hard drive had crashed about a year ago, and Dell replaced it with a brand new HDD for free and apart from that no issues with it whatsoever.

I bought it for gaming 2 yrs ago and it plays the following:

ES4 - Oblivion @ 800x600 resolution/medium settings - 20 fps
HL2 - same settings ~18-25 fps (varies with indoors/outdoors)

I don't play much else, and I haven't 3D Mark'd it or anything...but I'm sure you have a fair idea of what I'm talking about.

What I want to know is whether anybody is interested in picking this system up in December, and also what sort of price can I expect for this?? I'd like to keep my preferred price range from 75-80 K ... but I'm flexible. I've been in Australia for the last 3 years so not too up to date on Indian pricing...let me know!!!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well Faraaz, not to spoil your sale, please have a look here .. Though your config is better than this, your price is still too steep..

I'll suggest you to browse through Ebay.in for getting an idea about the price in India atm . ..

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Ehh...that thing doesn't have a 256 MB Radeon 9800...which is pretty much why my laptop was so bloody expensive...

Then again, like I said...I dont have too good of an idea about prices in India atm and it is very flexible if I get serious enquiries...

king007

In the zone
Frankly speaking Faraaz it is very difficult to sell a used laptop of ur config specially because brand new Core 2 Duo laptops are now available for around 50k INR.

And Laptops in India are still very much used for business purposes (by business i mean for net browsing, documents, presentations etc..) and Gaming is never a priority for Laptops so though ur laptop is good for gaming u wont find many takers for it....

People still prefer a High Config Desktop for Gaming here....

soham

In the zone
Do you have a desktop 3.2 Ghz processor? And getting 18-25 fps in HL2 is no gaming laptop at all.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
yes the price is too high you can get a very good PC with a mainstream graphic card in 75 to 80k.
i suggest prices around 25k.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Guys, this is not a desktop PC! It's a laptop. There is something called as P4-Mobile. This laptop is based on it. They were used in laptops before first generation P-M Centrino processors. RAM is Notebook Memory, HDD is 2.5" notebook drive 100GB, gfx card is Mobility 9800 and of course the 4x DVD writer. It is well worth at least 45-50k.

Read the post before posting anything in Bazaar. Post only if you are interested. PM your offers to the seller so that he gets the best deal too.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Alright...I understand that the price I am quoting is too high...but hey, I wanted YOU guys to tell me what you thought was an appropriate price..which is why I mentioned multiple times that I was flexible! :) Looks like 50K is a decent ask...but that's not very much...:(

Fine, 60 K?? And yeah, as Sourabh mentioned (thanks for that btw) this is a LAPTOP! Not a DESKTOP! So if you want to buy a Desktop with that configuration, be my guest. I thought people here would be interested because:

a) its a VERY powerful laptop...compared to other laptops
b) I haven't come across a laptop which has a graphics card with 256 MB memory and a decent chipset available in India atleast. I know I had to pay almost 40 K to get this at the time of purchase.
c) As Sourabh mentioned, these components are all LAPTOP versions, not DESKTOP versions...so again, look at the config and keep it in context, mmk?

So yeah...60 K...any takers?

soham

In the zone
But you must remember that the components are quite old. You can get a new dell laptop with a 7400 graphics card for 60k.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Fair enough...like I said. I'm flexible, so if I get serious enquiries, that 60 K is open to negotiation...

harikatt

In the zone
Yes,, you may be right for 50k, or 60k. But when we buy a new item, we have the warranty for paying the money though it is an high. But there will be a risk every time if we buy an old item that too in the electronics items. the items we buy may stop working after buying and working in very less time. so the cost of an second hand junk item reduces to its 20-25% of its original pricing. Since there will be no any warranty for the second hand item. the buyer have to take risk. so the item should be such a way that if the buyer after buying the item if it fails he should be able to recover the cost by throwing the unworking pieces atleast to get his some of the cost recovery.

I feel 25% expectation is right choice for any of the second hand electronic items.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom