Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

chauhan

Broken In
I am getting a bty life of about 2hrs 45mins on normal usage (Internet browsing and music) with my 17r.

Last edited:

Anirban Dev

Broken In
I am getting a bty life of about 2hrs 45mins on normal usage (internet and banground music) with my 17r.

Thats more like what i was expecting. 4 hours, as mentioned on notebookcheck might've been the absolute best case scenario.No use wondering, anyhow. Already ordered it.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Thats more like what i was expecting. 4 hours, as mentioned on notebookcheck might've been the absolute best case scenario.No use wondering, anyhow. Already ordered it.

It's a desktop replacing notebook, not a kinda of laptop which you carry around with yourself.

Anirban Dev

Broken In
It's a desktop replacing notebook, not a kinda of laptop which you carry around with yourself.

Not that huge a factor with me. Battery life mainly comes into play during power outages. Looking forward to the gamin performance, mainly. I have a history of making drastic upgrades/purchases to play the latest Max Payne game, so this fits a pattern

sam142000

Journeyman
Guys, there are many driver updates available on the Dell site for our system i.e. 15R SE.
Some of the major ones are BIOS, Audio, Touch Pad, USB 3.0, LAN, etc..

Last edited:

Broken In
Not that huge a factor with me. Battery life mainly comes into play during power outages. Looking forward to the gamin performance, mainly. I have a history of making drastic upgrades/purchases to play the latest Max Payne game, so this fits a pattern

Instead of making 'drastic upgrades' U should have purchased a console.. :p . Am waiting for the next gen to release.

chauhan

Broken In
Guys have a look at what a small protection device can do. Yesterday their was a surge in the mains where in 440V was briefly recived between the live and neutral. My homemade spike buster protected my laptop and TV but got fried in the process. Here are some photographs 20120826_112551.jpg20120826_112635.jpg20120826_112653.jpg of the damage. Moral of the story filter mains to your precious lappy.

ratul

█████████████████
Guys have a look at what a small protection device can do. Yesterday their was a surge in the mains where in 440V was briefly recived between the live and neutral. My homemade spike buster protected my laptop and TV but got fried in the process. Here are some photographsView attachment 6680View attachment 6681View attachment 6682 of the damage. Moral of the story filter mains to your precious lappy.

wow, that could have definitely fried the mobo, if it was'nt the surge protector.. :p
good to know that lappy was safe, even though it would still be covered under accidental coverage.. :D

Guys, there are many driver updates available on the Dell site for our system i.e. 15R SE.
Some of the major ones are BIOS, Audio, Touch Pad, USB 3.0, LAN, etc..

yes, i have downloaded and installed all the latest ones.. :D

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Instead of making 'drastic upgrades' U should have purchased a console.. :p . Am waiting for the next gen to release.

that's gonna be a pretty long wait....

Guys have a look at what a small protection device can do. Yesterday their was a surge in the mains where in 440V was briefly recived between the live and neutral. My homemade spike buster protected my laptop and TV but got fried in the process. Here are some photographsView attachment 6680View attachment 6681View attachment 6682 of the damage. Moral of the story filter mains to your precious lappy.

wow, did you make that yourself?? neat stuff....I've got a belkin surge protector.....

raj_55555

Journeyman
Guys! My lappy's screen has a few black and white dots, almost 7-8 dots are there. This really starting to annoy me, anybody aware of dell's policy on replacing the screen?

ratul

█████████████████
Guys! My lappy's screen has a few black and white dots, almost 7-8 dots are there. This really starting to annoy me, anybody aware of dell's policy on replacing the screen?

can u post a pic if possible, i think it could be some dead pixels...
Can't say of their policy for that, contact CC..

Anirban Dev

Broken In

Somehow shooters on console never appealed to me(I have tried a few, and find the entire experience a little off). Moreover, if you're not getting one from abroad, be prepared to pay 50% extra than what the first world pays for the consoles ( maybe more when they launched recently)

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Please help me understand this.....

Why is the performance of the GT640 on 14R so much better than the 15R's HD7730 according to notebook check.......is the difference really that much in reality as well

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys HP is releasing new dv6 models, the dv6-6c00 and dv6-6b00,check this dv6-6c00, it has i7-2670QM(sandy bridge), AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (lower than 7730m and GT 650m), but option for fhd

EDIT:- 7690M XT =~ 7730m

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
Guys HP is releasing new dv6 models, the dv6-6c00 and dv6-6b00,check this dv6-6c00, it has i7-2670QM(sandy bridge), AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (lower than 7730m and GT 650m), but option for fhd

now that sux..
2nd gen proccy with a weak GPU after waiting for such a long time.. :shock:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
yea it does, but there's also the dv6-6b00 models, whose specs is not available yet, I think hp is updating their site......

ratul

█████████████████

EDIT:- 7690M XT is a little better than 7730m

are you sure???
acc to Notebookcheck, both are almost same performer, 7730m performing slightly better (2-4fps) in many games than 7690m XT, as it's just the rebranded 6770m, the highly respectable GPU from HP 6165tx... Still, 7690m XT has the performance of GDDR5, a big advantage.. :p
*i.imgur.com/MaT7N.jpg

BTW, i first time opened my lappy, and here's a pic of the internals.. :D
*i.imgur.com/6KzmY.jpg

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ yea even I'd seen nbcheck, they are pretty much equal, some games have better fps (2-4) in 7690xt .....select compare in mass effect 3, bf3.........also it scores higher in 3dmark06 and lesser in 3dmark11.....but I guess a driver update can change that.

why did you remove the hardrive? installing ssd?

ratul

█████████████████
^^ yea even I'd seen nbcheck, they are pretty much equal, some games have better fps (2-4) in 7690xt .....select compare in mass effect 3, bf3.........also it scores higher in 3dmark06 and lesser in 3dmark11.....but I guess a driver update can change that.

why did you remove the hardrive? installing ssd?

nope, just for fun.. :D :p

sam142000

Journeyman

My lappy had a dead pixel on the screen since the day it arrived.
But Dell changed the screen. They needed a little persuasion to change it. :wink:

Top Bottom