Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
hey guys...
I have a problem.
Its been just 5 days since i bought the 15r se and the battery has already worn by 6%
*postimage.org/image/yp1i2mysh/

*s16.postimage.org/yp1i2mysh/CPUID.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
hey guys...
I have a problem.
Its been just 5 days since i bought the 15r se and the battery has already worn by 6%
*postimage.org/image/yp1i2mysh/

*s16.postimage.org/yp1i2mysh/CPUID.jpg

Don't worry, what back up are you getting?

It is cooler because you are comparing with 2011 sandy bridge mode.

What does that implies? JFYI 3rd gen are known to have similar or higher temps, not lower. Just that his laptop is new, the temps are so low, which will gradually increase.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
dont worry, tomorrow you will get the DHLbluedart consignment number and day after tomorrow you will get your lappy. in the mean time go to blue dart website and find out who is your nearest blue dart courier dealer ( just enter your pin code here BLUEDART EXPRESS LTD: Location Finder) and keep their number handy, once you get the tracking id just call the local courier and en-quire abt the package and they will deliver it quickly:-D)

Ah that's something really exciting to hear :razz::wink:
Tnkz mate.
I see this Bludart(alappuzha) daily on my bus travel for my vacation java class :p:lol:
BTW did u get urs:-o

girishpaiv

Journeyman
See your battery work fine till 300 cycles, if not call dell for replacement.

hehe i got some doubts !!!:oops::lol:

Does one cycle mean from a full charge to 0 charge ?
How can one count cycles if a lap is always connected to the charger and almost always on?
Is it healthy for the battery to do this way?:-?
What is the ideal way?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
battery backup is around 2.5 hrs on balanced with wifi on and video streaming and 3.5 hrs while watching a movie.
I am more concerned about the wear..
It was 1% on first day and today its 6% on moderate battery usage:|

Watch it for at least a month or so. After 6 months, it shouldn't exceed 20%.

hehe i got some doubts !!!:oops::lol:

Does one cycle mean from a full charge to 0 charge ?
How can one count cycles if a lap is always connected to the charger and almost always on?
Is it healthy for the battery to do this way?:-?
What is the ideal way?

Modern laptop batteries run 2 yrs without any problems. If it creates any problem, either the battery is defected or you're using it in a wrong way.

Just use it wisely. Keep on charge when possible, but not always on charge. Keep a approx ratio of 60-40. Don't drain it completely, and NEVER game on battery.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Watch it for at least a month or so. After 6 months, it shouldn't exceed 20%.

Modern laptop batteries run 2 yrs without any problems. If it creates any problem, either the battery is defected or you're using it in a wrong way.

Just use it wisely. Keep on charge when possible, but not always on charge. Keep a approx ratio of 60-40. Don't drain it completely, and NEVER game on battery.

Thnk u very much sujay and rider....

never game on battery(ie while discharging no?) ?
why is that?? :-?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
never game on battery(ie while discharging no?) ?
why is that?? :-?

Gaming stresses the laptop and reduces battery life. Plus game will lag a bit if you play it on battery. (Power settings). Best options is to remove battery while playing game, it will keep your laptop cooler also.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Best options is to remove battery while playing game, it will keep your laptop cooler also.

Never thought of such a possibility!!
For doing that its required to switch off the lap first n then remove the battery each time you wanna game no?(or how?)
Read that removing battery while AC charging is bad for battery!!:|

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Never thought of such a possibility!!

Many people don't close the lid without turning off their laptops, so ignore the myths and enjoy your laptop.

For doing that its required to switch off the lap first n then remove the battery each time you wanna game no?(or how?)
Read that removing battery while AC charging is bad for battery!!:|

Do it anyway, doesn't matters, but first way is preferred.

josin

In the zone
Ah that's something really exciting to hear :razz::wink:
Tnkz mate.
I see this Bludart(alappuzha) daily on my bus travel for my vacation java class :p:lol:
BTW did u get urs:-o

yup i am having it. i think i was the first person to book the same in kochi. i booked the same on the second day, which it was made avilable on dell india website.

Top Bottom