Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
I just checked and i still see the option for backlit n all!! :-?

you're right I checked with firefox and it has the same old options(with backlit keyboard). But check this out..*i46.tinypic.com/1z23qq8.jpg
*i50.tinypic.com/a4oil2.jpg :-?
anyways I got the backlit keyboard:)

Better to be patient and wait until July 9. They might removed backlit keyboard option due to shortage.

Yea keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
No, select your laptop model and click on customization there you will find backlit keyboard and other options.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
No, select your laptop model and click on customization there you will find backlit keyboard and other options.

yea if I click the continue button there's the customization options:p, but only chrome seems to give the list format, in firefox its the grid format.:-?

BMG

Right off the assembly line
Hello.
Could do with some help choosing a laptop.
I basically need it for day to day use with moderate gaming. Mostly FIFA and MW3. Would still like to go for one that is future proof. Looking at around 3-4 years with the same. Budget ~ 50k.
I had two options in mind. The 15R SE basic version. Or the HP DV6-7011TX. Here.
They're mostly similar, so, could do with some assistance.

Okay, so this post got lost due to a delay in moderation. I'm going to give it another go and hope there is not another flurry of posts by the time it goes up.

Cheers.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
it doesn't matter which brower you are using.. click on this link

click on keyboard icon and bang! there is a backlit option for 909 bucks.

pratyush997

Inactive
See pratyush, I'm not bothering you but the laptop that you bought is one of the disaster gadget ever, my cousin had one with AMD processor. Sorry for all that you have suffered that much from that crap. Anything can happen to any electronic device, you tablet PC was 4 years old and not under warranty.
The thing is now hp is not selling any tablet PC, they discontinued after negative feedbacks.
Nowadays hp laptops have no heating issues, they developed a cooling technology called coolsense which keep the laptop remain under 80*C in intense gaming. Also the servicing and maintenance is of the best in the market, best that I ever seen.. they provide quick onsite servicing and accidental covers and all, if anything happen to your laptop they will replace with no charges. Also the customer care is awesome so quick.. they help, call back and do what best they can.
So, please don't misunderstand new buyers who are looking to purchase a new laptop. One user get afraid by your signature, thats what happen to you is bad. You should change it HP tablet PC suxx, not the whole hp.
Actually Display started flickering in 2nd Year after purchase and on normal usage GPU crosses 100 *C
O.K i will change My Signature as u said...
BTW It was also the fault of nVidia!!Mainly nVidia--(I Guess)
*s18.postimage.org/xd7a4jdrr/Untitled.jpg
*www.nvidiadefect.com/NVF_NOT.pdf

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
My laptop maximum reached to 86*C once when coolsense was not at coolest mode.

XPS 15 (2011 model) with nvidia GT 540M reaches 98*C in gaming.

Leave your past, now tell what is your budget and main reason to buy a laptop?

vds5344

Broken In
be patient dan4u
and I'm a gaming and programming guy. Need a very powerful gpu, i5 would suffice my needs
can't afford 17r se portability is not issue but highest budget is 50k :(
sometimes would use qt sdk

abhishekmaha

Broken In
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a laptop around 50k (almost exactly) and the Dell Inspiron 14r and 15r special edition basic models are just what I need...An i5 processor is enough for my needs(mostly gaming, occasionally studying with ebooks, etc..)
As far as I can see:
15r:
Pros- larger screen, cheaper(a little, it matters to me), possibly better gpu
Cons - 1366x768 screen(flimsy according to wikipedia, see "Laptop Computers" and find 1366x768 in the page), no numeric keypad
14r:
Pros- nvidia gpu(i want it for PhysX, but i can compromise if 7730 goes overwhelmingly to Class 1 of notebookcheck ratings), less bulky(i'm typing this on a 14" and I like the size for the games it can play)
Cons- lesser hdd,

Everything else's the same...i could have done without the windows 7 home to save costs, but there's no option...I'm going to install windows 7 ultimate anyway so it's a waste..

Could anybody please give me any advice? Also, can those of you who have already ordered it please give some details about the sound, screen problems etc.?

Thanks,

pratyush997

Inactive
My laptop maximum reached to 86*C once when coolsense was not at coolest mode.

XPS 15 (2011 model) with nvidia GT 540M reaches 98*C in gaming.

Leave your past, now tell what is your budget and main reason to buy a laptop?
Well I need a Laptop/PC Mainly for gaming@ Mid settings @ 1600x900 MAX...
and sometimes @1080p with low-mid Settings. I will be playing games like GTA 4, Just cause 2 Etc..
For PC: -
Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K Processor
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
GigaByte GV-R 7850 OC-2GD
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM
SeaSonic S12 II 620W
WB Cavair Blue 500 GB
Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 USB 2.0 Keyboard (Black)
NZXT Gamma
Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
Total @ 55k
and will use my LCD TV as monitor
For Laptop:- Dell Inspiron 15R SE w/ Backlit Keyboard@57k

So Which is better? I Just Need a Machine but I Won't be buying any New PC/Laptop for more 3-5 Years!!
Advice me the best!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Well I need a Laptop/PC Mainly for gaming@ Mid settings @ 1600x900 MAX...
and sometimes @1080p with low-mid Settings. I will be playing games like GTA 4, Just cause 2 Etc..
For PC: -
Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K Processor
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
GigaByte GV-R 7850 OC-2GD
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM
SeaSonic S12 II 620W
WB Cavair Blue 500 GB
Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 USB 2.0 Keyboard (Black)
NZXT Gamma
Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
Total @ 55k
and will use my LCD TV as monitor
For Laptop:- Dell Inspiron 15R SE w/ Backlit Keyboard@57k

So Which is better? I Just Need a Machine but I Won't be buying any New PC/Laptop for more 3-5 Years!!
Advice me the best!

Get a desktop.

rohitruls

Broken In
hp is very reliable american brand, older than apple and dell. It has better in rank in comparison to dell in laptopmag.com 2012 ranking. If a gaming freak hp is the best option GT 650M is an awesome class 1 gpu. And those adobe editing are of no means unless you learn how to use in courses. IMO that hp model is more future proof than dell's 15SE.

Thanks alot for your valuable Opinion :)

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Waaah!!!What an error from Dell!!!!
yday status was in Transit!!!

IMG:
**oi45.tinypic.com/2n8y2l4.jpg

:lol::-x:p

and on clicking the order it shows error!!!
Its Sunday 2 day so i assume its a complete error!!:oops::|

Acoustichead

Broken In
Waaah!!!What an error from Dell!!!!
yday status was in Transit!!!

IMG:
**oi45.tinypic.com/2n8y2l4.jpg

:lol::-x:p

and on clicking the order it shows error!!!
Its Sunday 2 day so i assume its a complete error!!:oops::|

For me till yesterday It was showing Manufacturing Build Complete.
Today morning I got this SMS from Bluedart saying I would receive my laptop on 2nd July(Monday)...odd even the Dell Order Status site seems to give an error...Whats wrong? Will I get the laptop till tommorrow? :-?

___EDIT____

Now it shows in Transit :D

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Today morning I got this SMS from Bluedart saying I would receive my laptop on 2nd July(Monday)...odd even the Dell Order Status site seems to give an error...Whats wrong? Will I get the laptop till tommorrow? :-?

___EDIT____

Okey now mine shows in Transit now too ....

[OffTopic]r U at ernakulam(Kerala)??[/OT:mrgreen:]

dan4u

Took Off!!!

___EDIT____

hey when did you place your order??

Top Bottom