Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
View attachment 11661

im getting these temps without speedfan after browsing for 20 mins and it touches 80 c while i play graphic intensive games

it did a thermal shutdown once when i was on dells buggy as hell drivers

am using leshcats 13.1 v2 drivers now

also i live in mumbai so do u think thats why the temps are so high?

ratul

█████████████████
View attachment 11661

im getting these temps without speedfan after browsing for 20 mins and it touches 80 c while i play graphic intensive games

it did a thermal shutdown once when i was on dells buggy as hell drivers

am using leshcats 13.1 v2 drivers now

also i live in mumbai so do u think thats why the temps are so high?

woah, those are high idle temps, i live in delhi and it's worse than mumbai in terms of room temp these days..
are you providing proper ventilation??? if yes, then see if some process isn't eating the cpu usage in background, if not, contact dell and rma for overheating..

i'm using 13.8beta now, and they are working fine for me..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
woah, those are high idle temps, i live in delhi and it's worse than mumbai in terms of room temp these days..
are you providing proper ventilation??? if yes, then see if some process isn't eating the cpu usage in background, if not, contact dell and rma for overheating..

i'm using 13.8beta now, and they are working fine for me..

how do i check which process may be causing it? im a bit scared about closing the wrong process

also will rma ing it get me a new laptop or a refurbished one etc

thanks for replying! :)

ratul

█████████████████
how do i check which process may be causing it? im a bit scared about closing the wrong process

also will rma ing it get me a new laptop or a refurbished one etc

thanks for replying! :)

open task manager and see if cpu usage is high, if yes, then check which process is using the highest cpu and right click on it, click on "Open File Location", and you should be having the file causing this issue..
If CPU usage is normal, then RMA for overheating, most probably the mobo and heatsink would be changed, but if laptop has to be changed, then it'll most probably be a refurbished one only, but don't worry, most of them works fine and are brand new only, labelled as refurbished coz of reasons like someone cancelled the order or returned the laptop, then it's used for the company and they have to label it refurbished..

ratul

█████████████████
Does these series laptops have Win8 multi gesture trackpad ?

i think yes they do, it's the drivers, i have the win7 series laptop, but it still supports win8 gestures like swiping from right gives you charms bar, swiping from left gives you open apps etc, the driver interface looks like this:
*i.imgur.com/YG2Wbuk.jpg

So newer laptops with win8 must've come with that for sure..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
did a virus scan using mcafee which came with my lappie it View attachment 11822found 3 viruses of which 2 were sppsvc.exe in my dual boot windows 8 partition which seems like a virus to me and used to over heat my laptop which i saw in resource monitor as suggested by ratul...
thanks for ur help my temps are now stable :)

ratul

█████████████████
did a virus scan using mcafee which came with my lappie it View attachment 11822found 3 viruses of which 2 were sppsvc.exe in my dual boot windows 8 partition which seems like a virus to me and used to over heat my laptop which i saw in resource monitor as suggested by ratul...
thanks for ur help my temps are now stable :)

that's good... :)

btw anyone tried windows 8.1 on the 7520?

just on a VM..

Any idea as to when will new dell turbo will be available?

unfortunately, still no news.. :(

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Hi All,
I was looking to buy a decent performance laptop [core i3,4gb etc enough] with good display and speaker quality and decent performance. [primarily for browsing+watching videos+reading with a little bit of gaming; 4+ hr battery life preferred] for below 50k.

Was seriously considering the 15R SE, but it seems like it is very hard to find. I was able to find only one link on ebay which has only seller warranty and costs above 50k. Would be really helpful if any of you know other alternatives by which 15 R SE could be obtained.

Also, can you tell me the battery life of 15R SE? Also how is 14R SE in terms of display and speaker quality?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i think yes they do, it's the drivers, i have the win7 series laptop, but it still supports win8 gestures like swiping from right gives you charms bar, swiping from left gives you open apps etc, the driver interface looks like this:
*i.imgur.com/YG2Wbuk.jpg

So newer laptops with win8 must've come with that for sure..

actually all 7520s will have it i bought mine with windows 7 preinstalled and got a cracked copy installed on it just to try out windows 8 to see if it was worth the upgrade it supports all gestures but u need to update the drivers from dells website(excluding the graphic card drivers, i got leshcats 13.4 for my windows 8 and 13.1 for windows 7)

it wont support all gestures without updating the touchpad driver

ratul

█████████████████
Hi All,
I was looking to buy a decent performance laptop [core i3,4gb etc enough] with good display and speaker quality and decent performance. [primarily for browsing+watching videos+reading with a little bit of gaming; 4+ hr battery life preferred] for below 50k.

Was seriously considering the 15R SE, but it seems like it is very hard to find. I was able to find only one link on ebay which has only seller warranty and costs above 50k. Would be really helpful if any of you know other alternatives by which 15 R SE could be obtained.

Also, can you tell me the battery life of 15R SE? Also how is 14R SE in terms of display and speaker quality?

try in local shops if you can..
You can try from CompuIndia if they'd get it back in stock: Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo - Performance Laptops from Dell
Also see here (not sure): Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo- W540781IN8 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Laptops - Compare India
This might be used i suppose: Dell 15R Turbo Laptop (Core 17 3rd Gen/1TB/8GB/Win 8)| Buy Online

14r se is good too, but some have complaint of overheating due to smaller chassis.. :)

Current battery life for me is b/w 3-4hrs...
Display and Speaker quality of 14r SE is as good as 15R se..
Btw, the ebay link you gave seems to be reliable, the seller has good rating...

Hrithan2020

In the zone
You can try from CompuIndia if they'd get it back in stock: Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo - Performance Laptops from Dell
Also see here (not sure): Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo- W540781IN8 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Laptops - Compare India
This might be used i suppose: Dell 15R Turbo Laptop (Core 17 3rd Gen/1TB/8GB/Win 8)| Buy Online

14r se is good too, but some have complaint of overheating due to smaller chassis.. :)

The first two you linked are WLED HD screens which reportedly don't have good quality screens ?

However the last one is definitely good, Full HD screen for 54k is a good deal provided it is brand new and has manufacturer warranty.Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to go over 50k :(

Thanks for the information though.

EDIT: Seems like it is 1 yr seller warranty, so similar to the ebay deal. [this has 32gb ssd though in addition]

RON28

Cyborg Agent
did here anyone reviewed Dell 14R turbo or Dell 14R SE? any one who has links for in depth review of Dell 14R turbo/SE?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The first two you linked are WLED HD screens which reportedly don't have good quality screens ?

However the last one is definitely good, Full HD screen for 54k is a good deal provided it is brand new and has manufacturer warranty.Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to go over 50k :(

Thanks for the information though.

EDIT: Seems like it is 1 yr seller warranty, so similar to the ebay deal. [this has 32gb ssd though in addition]

The screen thing is all bs the 720p screen is also great i dont see any difference except in a few games between the two
only thing about the 720p screen is the glare which isnt that bad
the 720p screen doesnt have any of the overhyped problems
i got the one with i5,720p and backlit keyboard btw
no issues at all even the overheating one got solved after a virus scan
though yeah the caching ssd is worth the extra money given the thought that u can add upto 3 hdds in future after swapping out the dvd drive as well and obviously the performance

chintan786

In the zone

15R turbo on compuindia is out of stock. and I think it will never come again

Top Bottom