Deframentation Issues!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear friends,
i hav got 2 OS with me, to increase the overall perfornance of my Pc i thought of Deframenting my Drives
C: Drive has Win2000 Pro installed
d: Drive has Win Xp Pro installed
e: drive has some data

I question is whether "I should Defragment D Drive First from Win2000 pr
and then Deframent C: drive from Win Xp pro"

Can we deframent the drive which is active( i mean can we defragment Drive d from winxp pro ( Drive D has Xp installed in it).
Will it be harmfull???

dabster

In the zone
They are no issues regarding the defragmenting the Drives from both the drives you won't encounter any Problem.
But you should Defragment drive D with XP, Because XP Defragmenter optimizes the boot time by keeping the system file to be loaded in Proper manner thus making XP startup faster....

h_kunte

Journeyman
Defragmenting any drive at any time does NOT cause any harm to the disk life or to the data stored on it. Moreover, defragmenting of drives should be done regularly (once a month atleast) to get optimum performance from the system by increasing the speed of the PCs functioning.

Also, use utilities like Perfect disk 7.0 or the like for defragmenting...PerfectDisk 7.0 is far better than the default windows defragmenting utility.....You can download Perfect Disk from:

*www.download.com/PerfectDisk/3000-2094_4-10468459.html

HK

rajiv.smu

Right off the assembly line
I dont think that DEFRAGMENTING in any form may hamper the system in any way....as ONE WAY OR THE OTHER by defragmenting the HDD, the sys drive ig gettin benefitted...so...ENJOY !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom