Deep Learning/ Gaming Rig needed. Approx Rs. 1.3 Lakhs. Update: Total cost at 1.75Lakhs

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
If you are Overclocking then there's no limit as such.. 750w Gold certified is enough for 2700x and 1080 Ti but if you are overclocking you can go for 850W but Gold Certified atleast.... for the monitor you can go for LG 24GM79G .. For cabinet, you can go for NZXT S340 or NZXT 570X
Do you mean if I want to overclock 750W is not enough? Also that monitor will overshoot my budget. Already I have stretched my budget to include the monitor. The acer monitor I mentioned, is it good? Also what about the corsair psu 750W mentioned above?

ABHINAV MATHUR

Broken In
Do you mean if I want to overclock 750W is not enough? Also that monitor will overshoot my budget. Already I have stretched my budget to include the monitor. The acer monitor I mentioned, is it good? Also what about the corsair psu 750W mentioned above?
I mean to say.. 750W is enough if you are not overclocking and if you are 850w Gold Certified.. and I cannot find the link for corsair..

In why the links has been removed?? "MOD EDIT: Removed links to sites. IIRC, Ant PC doesn't use good PSUs.??" There are other links on this threads as well.. Ant PC don't use Good PSU? well I'm not being brand advocate last time I purchased from them 1080Ti and 8700K Cooler Master MW Semi-Modular 750W .. is it bad?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CORSAIR RM850X (2018) SMPS - 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Fully Modular PSU With Active PFC
POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR RMX SERIES™ RM850X — 850 WATT 80 PLUS® GOLD CERTIFIED FULLY MODULAR PSU

Corsair RM850x V2 Rating - Tom's Hardware

I mean to say.. 750W is enough if you are not overclocking and if you are 850w Gold Certified.. and I cannot find the link for corsair..

In why the links has been removed?? "MOD EDIT: Removed links to sites. IIRC, Ant PC doesn't use good PSUs.??" There are other links on this threads as well.. Ant PC don't use Good PSU? well I'm not being brand advocate last time I purchased from them 1080Ti and 8700K Cooler Master MW Semi-Modular 750W .. is it bad?
Coolermaster MW series is not good.

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In

*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Power-Supplies-750W-CP-9020092-NA/dp/B015YEI9NQ This is the one I meant.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Power-Supplies-750W-CP-9020092-NA/dp/B015YEI9NQ This is the one I meant.
Corsair RMx series is very good especially the latest V2 version,just check my previous post.PSUs & other pc components are are always much costlier on amazon except for portable hdd.

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Corsair RMx series is very good especially the latest V2 version,just check my previous post.PSUs & other pc components are are always much costlier on amazon except for portable hdd.
I am getting it at a lower price from a friend and that is why I was interested in this. Do you think this is a good psu? Also will it be enough if I want to overclock my 2700x and 1080Ti strix?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually you don't need a 850W or even a 750W psu(I doubt you will be doing a hardcore overclocking like those experts on youtube do).A good 650W should be enough for your usage(good here means top end models like RMx).

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Actually you don't need a 850W or even a 750W psu(I doubt you will be doing a hardcore overclocking like those experts on youtube do).A good 650W should be enough for your usage(good here means top end models like RMx).
I am getting this for rs 7.5k and this was bought this year only so I felt it is a good deal.

ABHINAV MATHUR

Broken In
CORSAIR RM850X (2018) SMPS - 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Fully Modular PSU With Active PFC
POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR RMX SERIES™ RM850X — 850 WATT 80 PLUS® GOLD CERTIFIED FULLY MODULAR PSU

Corsair RM850x V2 Rating - Tom's Hardware

Coolermaster MW series is not good.
Why? Well.. that also depend upon brand preference isn't? Anyway system integrators offer various brands PSU and my friend's pc has corsair vs series for his entry-level build.. i will share his build :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why? Well.. that also depend upon brand preference isn't? Anyway system integrators offer various brands PSU and my friend's pc has corsair vs series for his entry-level build.. i will share his build :)
Go to jonnyguru or any reputed psu review site/forum & you will know why MWE is bad.In fact @chimera201 already posted here a review from jonnyguru of master watt lite model & as per rule of thumb this can be taken as an indicator of overall quality of entire master watt series.
Power Supply Suggestion Thread 2017 Q1
Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 600W 230V Review

P.S. Corsair VS series is even worse,I would rather delay my whole system building than taking chance with VS series for anything 1050Ti or above & a recent quad core processor.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I couldn't find this psu anywhere as it is out of stock. Will this PSU be good for my build ? *www.amazon.in/Corsair-Power-Supplies-750W-CP-9020092-NA/dp/B015YEI9NQ

That is overpriced
Get this
Buy Online | Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG850 Gold 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular PSU | Price in India

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is overpriced
Get this
Buy Online | Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG850 Gold 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular PSU | Price in India
Not that great especially at its price range.Also @op just posted that amazon link for reference,he is getting the same psu a few months old for ~7.5k.
Antec High Current Gamer 850W PSU Review: Compact And Powerful

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
I think I made a big mistake by buying the Acer gn246hl. I found that it doesn't have display port! My gpu is Asus strix 1080Ti non OC. I am not sure now if the monitor is compatible with the gpu I have. I am worried if I can achieve 144 fps with just the dvi port. Any suggestions on this guys?
@whitestar_999 @Minion

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
I think I made a big mistake by buying the Acer gn246hl. I found that it doesn't have display port! My gpu is Asus strix 1080Ti non OC. I am not sure now if the monitor is compatible with the gpu I have. I am worried if I can achieve 144 fps with just the dvi port. Any suggestions on this guys?
@whitestar_999 @Minion
Copied this from google
To output 1080p content at 144Hz, you will need either a dual-link DVI, a DisplayPort, or an HDMI 1.3
So use HDMI

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Sorry was traveling so couldn't reply. Anyway I will have to stay put with this monitor. I didn't find any dead pixels so far.

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Regarding cabinet I checked the NZXT ones mentioned above but they are kind of expensive. I found this one from Thermaltake THERMALTAKE V200 RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Tempered Glass Side Panel And RGB Controller (Black) Will this provide sufficient cooling now that I am going with 2700x and Asus strix 1080Ti. Will it have enough circulation? I kind of don't see the point of having a glass cover on the front which defeats the whole purpose of having 3 front fans.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Front fans are most effective in cooling hdd(especially multiple hdd). For cpu cooling main factor is cpu cooler & you can always add top fans/rear fans as exhaust.

Top Bottom