Deep Learning/ Gaming Rig needed. Approx Rs. 1.3 Lakhs. Update: Total cost at 1.75Lakhs

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Have been busy with work :(
I ordered this Buy Online Deepcool MATREXX 55 Middle Tower Computer Case lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com and I wanted to know 3 or 5 RGB fans I could buy for this case. Also I checked the length of the strix 1080Ti and it looks like it will fit inside this cabinet. Could you suggest some RGB fans that can provide good cooling and air circulation. I plan to use 3 in the front and two on the top. The top ones I thought I will buy from Ali Express but I have no idea about the front ones. I am looking for RGB ones not just on the ring, but the entire fan fins also. The ones I have seen on AliExpress have only RGB rings. The cheaper the better. I don't think I can spend too much on this. Already overshot my budget by a good amount.

Also I asked my friend in the US to but the Ryzen 7 2700x and he bought it for 250USD which is way cheaper than what can be found in India. So now for him to bring it will the customs people catch him? Is there any way to evade the customs duties?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just ask your friend to open the cpu box & then just take out the processor in the plastic protective cover it comes with & carry it in backpack/cabin luggage.Very unlikely that he will be asked anything but in rare case somebody ask just say that it is for some electronics/pc project he might need to work on while in India(change the answer a liitle bit based on if he is a student(college project) or a salaried person(work project)).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Have been busy with work :(
I ordered this Buy Online Deepcool MATREXX 55 Middle Tower Computer Case lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com and I wanted to know 3 or 5 RGB fans I could buy for this case. Also I checked the length of the strix 1080Ti and it looks like it will fit inside this cabinet. Could you suggest some RGB fans that can provide good cooling and air circulation. I plan to use 3 in the front and two on the top. The top ones I thought I will buy from Ali Express but I have no idea about the front ones. I am looking for RGB ones not just on the ring, but the entire fan fins also. The ones I have seen on AliExpress have only RGB rings. The cheaper the better. I don't think I can spend too much on this. Already overshot my budget by a good amount.

Also I asked my friend in the US to but the Ryzen 7 2700x and he bought it for 250USD which is way cheaper than what can be found in India. So now for him to bring it will the customs people catch him? Is there any way to evade the customs duties?
Case Fans
COOLER MASTER MASTERFAN MF120L RGB - 120MM Cabinet Fan With RGB

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
I am planning to buy an NVMe PCI-E SSD 500GB for having my windows and Ubuntu as boot. I have zeroed in on Buy Online SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V7E500BW In India . I wanted to know will my motherboard support it(MSI X470 Gaming Plus) along with a 1 TB SATA SSD. Please give your opinions. I will be using this NVMe PCI-E only for windows and ubuntu OS and will be storing my deep learning datasets on this. I was hoping with this the bootup of ubuntu and windows 10 will be faster than SATA.

One more query - Will this NVMe PCI-E overheat as I have seen online that NVMe PCI-E overheats and degrades the performance.

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Case Fans
COOLER MASTER MASTERFAN MF120L RGB - 120MM Cabinet Fan With RGB
If I buy 6 of these will my mobo (MSI X470 Gaming Plus) will I be able to plug all of them to my motherboard? I have the deepcool matrexx cabinet which already has an RGB lighting so I think even that needs to be connected to the motherboard.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am planning to buy an NVMe PCI-E SSD 500GB for having my windows and Ubuntu as boot. I have zeroed in on Buy Online SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V7E500BW In India . I wanted to know will my motherboard support it(MSI X470 Gaming Plus) along with a 1 TB SATA SSD. Please give your opinions. I will be using this NVMe PCI-E only for windows and ubuntu OS and will be storing my deep learning datasets on this. I was hoping with this the bootup of ubuntu and windows 10 will be faster than SATA.

One more query - Will this NVMe PCI-E overheat as I have seen online that NVMe PCI-E overheats and degrades the performance.

Yes,your motherboard will support and for SSD I would choose below mentioned SSD its slightly slower but way cheaper than Samsung
Buy Online ADATA XPG SX8200 480GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD ASX8200NP-480GT-C In India

Minion

Conversation Architect
If I buy 6 of these will my mobo (MSI X470 Gaming Plus) will I be able to plug all of them to my motherboard? I have the deepcool matrexx cabinet which already has an RGB lighting so I think even that needs to be connected to the motherboard.
You shouldn't have bought a case with front glass these cases are terrible at providing sufficient air flow. Case with front mesh design are much better.

According to specs provided in their website it doesn't contain any fans please confirm if it comes with fans or not
MATREXX 55 DEEPCOOL- Cases

This case doesn't comes with any fans so you will need
3 fans for front
1 for rear

Last edited:
OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
You shouldn't have bought a case with front glass these cases are terrible at providing sufficient air flow. Case with front mesh design are much better.

According to specs provided in their website it doesn't contain any fans please confirm if it comes with fans or not
MATREXX 55 DEEPCOOL- Cases

This case doesn't comes with any fans so you will need
3 fans for front
1 for rear
You're right. The cabinet I bought doesn't include fans so I went ahead with the CM fans you suggested. I ordered only 3. Forgot completely about the rear fan :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,your motherboard will support and for SSD I would choose below mentioned SSD its slightly slower but way cheaper than Samsung
Buy Online ADATA XPG SX8200 480GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD ASX8200NP-480GT-C In India
Amazon US site reviews suggest that adata nvme ssd runs much hotter than similar samsung models.it seems those reviews are for older/cheaper series,this sx8200 series seems fine.

Last edited:
OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
I had cancelled the order for the rgb fans and I found that they have 3 pin connectors and after seeing the photo of the gaming plus x470, I think it has 4- pin headers. And on their website they're saying it has 6 fan headers, does that mean I can connect 6 cpu fans? Then what about the processor fan? Also the deepcool matrexx 55 I have, has an RGB strip on the front. Is there a separate header I can connect it to on the motherboards?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was not an issue.
Case fans 3 pin, Motherboard 4 pin - [Solved] - Motherboards

Processor fan has a separate dedicated header(it will be marked as cpu fan on mobo/in manual diagrams).

See the cabinet manual for exact connection type.

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
That was not an issue.
Case fans 3 pin, Motherboard 4 pin - [Solved] - Motherboards

Processor fan has a separate dedicated header(it will be marked as cpu fan on mobo/in manual diagrams).

See the cabinet manual for exact connection type.
But then wouldn't it be running at a constant speed all the time? Will that increase the noise even when the pc is idle?
Also I something like a Y splitter for fans. Will it be of help if I need to have 7 case rgb fans and the motherboard has only 6 fan headers(including for the processor)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bios/mobo should have some option to control fans even if they are 3 pins.7 case fans are overkill but if you really need them then y-splitter for fans are there.
*www.amazon.in/Power-Connector-Adapter-Splitter-Computer/dp/B076Q646YF

OP
C

Croma_300

Broken In
Sorry I wasn't at my current place for sometime where the final rig was built. The rig is finally complete. Specifications are:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
16GB 3200MHz RGB HyperX(2x8GB)
Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti 11GB
500GB Samsung 960EVO NVMe PCI-E
1TB SSD Sansung 860 EVO
2TB SSHD Seagate
Monitor 1- Acer GN246HL 24inch 144hz 1080p
Monitor 2-Acer s271hl 27inch 60hz 1080p
Cabinet- Deepcool Matrexx 55
Corsair RM750X
6x Deepcool RGB fans

I have been running deep learning algorithms for my experiments and the GPU memory usage goes above 10GB but the training speed is really fast.
I really appreciate the help everyone here put out for building this rig. Thanks a ton! :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a good config but you could have got MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac for the same price with more features(it has integrated AC wifi too) as there is not much difference between them except if you want to simultaneously use both pcie 3.0 x16 slots in future in which case X470 gaming plus is the only good option at this price.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
P.S. Checked the earlier pages & now remembered that 2-3 months back B450 gaming pro carbon ac was either unavailable or priced much higher than current price so didn't suggest it.

Top Bottom