Deciding between A50/F1/5z

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
OK thanx guys, I have placed order for Asus 5Z. I didn't want to install custom ROM or stuffs not available on Play Store (wanted to play safe) and I think Asus 5Z beats Poco F1 out-of-the-box in every department (except price by a small margin).

BTW my friend was insisting me in buying A50 (which HE eventually did). The phone is very good too but the fingerprint scanner is still crap even after the update. Also he found Exynos 9610 performs better than SD675, so he is happy.

OK thanx guys, I have placed order for Asus 5Z. I didn't want to install custom ROM or stuffs not available on Play Store (wanted to play safe) and I think Asus 5Z beats Poco F1 out-of-the-box in every department (except price by a small margin).

BTW my friend was insisting me in buying A50 (which HE eventually did). The phone is very good too but the fingerprint scanner is still crap even after the update. Also he found Exynos 9610 performs better than SD675, so he is happy.
Congrats

The 9610 doesn't beat S675, it is similar to S660, whereas S675 is a bit better than S710 of Mi 8 SE. Its enough for normal usage for sure:
Samsung Galaxy A50 review

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I think my friend decided by looking here: ≫ Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 vs Samsung Exynos 9610 | Mobile chipset comparison

Anyway thanks.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Now my friend is crying buying Samsung as it is supported by Ads. He is seeing ads after every lock-ups and sometimes even when the phone's screen is off. Extremely bad by Samsung.

Now my friend is crying buying Samsung as it is supported by Ads. He is seeing ads after every lock-ups and sometimes even when the phone's screen is off. Extremely bad by Samsung.
Strange, I know some Samsung apps show ads, like Samsung Mall in India, I have seen ads in its game launcher, but not in UI, unlike Xiaomi. Maybe some other app is pushing the ads.

I moved to Nova Launcher & my only annoyance is Bixby after Pie update (earlier I could disable it completely).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

one of my acquaintance has A50. Will check up with him.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
My friend has confirmed - the Ads were due to SHAREit App which left the ads even after being uninstalled. After "Reset" and fresh installation the phone is working fine.

My friend has confirmed - the Ads were due to SHAREit App which left the ads even after being uninstalled. After "Reset" and fresh installation the phone is working fine.
That app is cancer nowadays. I remember having to install it last year when I was in India, I used to keep it disabled unless I need to use it (bad internet in my home town).

Top Bottom