Decent rig still poor and slow system performance

sahil1033

In the zone
Recently nearly a week back I bought Lenovo G50-70 (59-442243) for 25k. It has a decent rig but still it performs very slow. At times, applications take up time to open which is just so unacceptable. I'm really fed up of non-responsiveness of system quite often.
I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and was planning to dual boot Linux Ubuntu but I guess it would create system to perform even slower. Kindly help me out with this.

icebags

Technomancer
check task manager, for what process taking up all the resources when its becoming unresponsive ?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
how much RAM it has and RPM of HDD?
5400 RPM HDDs can slow things down

What antivirus is being used / OEM provided.
You may want to remove unwanted apps if any from startup and replace the OEM apps with better ones or ones that you have found better e.g. antivirus etc

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Post a screenshot of startup tab in CCleaner and of taskmanager.
Ubuntu will perform much better, dual booting DOESN'T decreases system performance.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i think some applications are using the the hdd more often slowing things down. check the task manager for hdd activity.

zafar khan

Broken In
Recently nearly a week back I bought Lenovo G50-70 (59-442243) for 25k. It has a decent rig but still it performs very slow. At times, applications take up time to open which is just so unacceptable. I'm really fed up of non-responsiveness of system quite often.
I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and was planning to dual boot Linux Ubuntu but I guess it would create system to perform even slower. Kindly help me out with this.

Looks like you are victim of high disk usage as many windows 8 users .
Take a close look on what processes are using high ram/disk in task manager

Try Windows 10 its super smooth

Top Bottom