Debian vs Fedora vs Slackware

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Installed Fedora 12.. boots very quickly.. nice splash screen.. but it has some issues with ATI.. the drivers doesn't support the new Xorg.. so if you guys are going to install Fedora with ATi cards.. then good luck.. detected full HD res though.. hardware acceleration not working..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Installed Fedora 12.. boots very quickly.. nice splash screen.. but it has some issues with ATI.. the drivers doesn't support the new Xorg.. so if you guys are going to install Fedora with ATi cards.. then good luck.. detected full HD res though.. hardware acceleration not working..

Do the proprietary ati drivers work fine under Fedora 12?

axxo

99.9% Idle
I have fedora 11 on my TP. Is FC12 any good that I should upgrade it to?
Also Arch is serving good enough for me atleast for my desktop(dual boot) that yet to find any reason to replace it with another distro.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
No the proprietary drivers from ATi aren't working as of now... but it detected my full HD resolution though..
@axxo.. yeah you should upgrade.. you see.. every package is now optimized for i686 processors.. and the updates are being compressed in the LZMA format for more compression.. and if that is coupled with Delta RPMs, then you'll have very little size of updates which are to be downloaded in Fedora 12...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom