Debian OR Fedora OR Gentoo OR Knoppix OR Kubuntu OR Mandriva OR SUSE OR Ubuntu?

Which of these should I opt for?

• Debian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fedora

• Gentoo

• Knoppix

• Kubuntu

• SUSE

• Ubuntu

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
Sorry for the stupid topic title but I wanted an urgent reply! :p
I am planning to install and use Linux but I am incredibly confused about which distro to use. I have shortlisted the following:
Debian
Fedora
Gentoo
Knoppix
Kubuntu
Mandriva
SUSE
Ubuntu

So, which should I opt for out of these and what are the benefits of each? Which has the most features and which is the most easy and user friendly to use? And the most important point is that since I plan to install it myself, it should not conflict with my hardware and install the drivers easily.
Please vote in the poll! Thank you! :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
This question is answered several times by now!! If you are new to Linux O.S, install Mandriva Linux. It's very user-friendly & the best option for users migrating to Linux from Windows. Other distros like Fedora, Suse, Ubuntu are also good distros, but you should be already familiar with Linux to use them with ease. You need to partition your disk like this : 9 GB for root ('/') and 1.5 GB for swap. Swap in Windows OS terms is called 'Virtual Memory'.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Check this thread for all the topics that have been covered *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3427. And by now you should be able to make a search.
Closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom