DDR RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtulipin

Broken In
I have P4 1.8 GHz and I earlier had 256 MB DDR RAM but I added one 256 MB DDR RAM more so that totla became 512 MB RAM. But I am not experiencing any substantial improvement in my PC's performance.

So, does it means that there is a problem with RAM or is there some other problem?

Help me out on this.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off welcome to the forum pal 8)

and why do u think that there isnt any substantial increase in ur pc's workin pattern :?

bascially after an additional ram being added the apps being to load faster,games load time decreases,boot time too decreases(to some extent),faster installations of applications,faster copying of files hard disk and Cd media's etc.....if none of these are happeing in ur pc then there might be a possiblity of a fault.....the best way to find out would be to test a games loading time.....1st try with just the 256MB chip on....notice the time taken....later add the 2nd chip and then note its time taken...compare the diff and u can make it out :wink:
also try reducing the tasks running in the background cause they take up some amount of ram :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom