D-Link 2750U or TP-Link TD-W8968. Pls Suggest guys.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Planning to buy a new ADSL Wifi Router. Seems like my old Beetel 450BX1 acting wierd getting PPP down issues. The BSNL person checked with there router and connection working fine. So looking for a new alternative. The Wifi one from BSNL is around Rs. 2500 but i dont want their's.

I found D-Link 2750U:
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

TP-Link TD-W896:
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

as per the user reviews i see ppl are facing support issues with TP-link, both the routers seems equal in terms of specs.

What would you guys suggest. I will be visiting nehru place aswell before purchasing. And is there any other brands would you guys suggest.

Budget : Rs. 2500 (Max)

rj27

Net Addict
In my overall observation TpLink > Dlink and I believe the issues with TpLink are still less than Dlink. TpLink has better service as they replace the faulty routers with the new one while Dlink is known to provide refurbished one. Also TPlink has better interface imo. Although the difference between both is 19(dlink)-20(tplink).

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
D-Link...NERVER!
P.S. I have that 2750u, absolute crap for 3g, no signal info and nothing and bsnl cuts connection after 12hrs if not used and this thing does nothing until i reboot...
same for DSL too...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
another reason for avoiding dlink 2750u:
*www.digit.in/forum/networking/1858...rs-selling-india-post2141867.html#post2141867

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
looks like the vote is more for TP-Link W8968. Will check out nehru place prices before purchasing online. thanks guys ...

if you have more suggestion keep them coming and any other brand like netgear or linksys. i tried researching but couldnt find any which looks good. if you have anything in mind that i might be missing let me know.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
+1 to tp-link w8968.
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
rs 1800 on flipkart.

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Ha,

Guys i visited nehru place today and no shop has TP-link W8968 available, computer empire has and lowest they can give is for Rs 2150. rest all are complaining that flipkart is killing the market :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ha,

Guys i visited nehru place today and no shop has TP-link W8968 available, computer empire has and lowest they can give is for Rs 2150. rest all are complaining that flipkart is killing the market :D

:lol: flipkart is overpriced for most pc parts :D :p

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
Just got my W8968, the setup was very easy for BSNL.
20140802_205024.jpg

Lets see how it goes :cool:

ashs1

Padawan
If the cd installation doesn't work, try this :
Open browser and type : 192.168.1.1
In the tp link page, type the username as admin and password as admin as well. Now, select the quick setup tab on the left and follow the onscreen instructions to connect it.

animes_d

Broken In
If the cd installation doesn't work, try this :
Open browser and type : 192.168.1.1
In the tp link page, type the username as admin and password as admin as well. Now, select the quick setup tab on the left and follow the onscreen instructions to connect it.

The instruction is tht i should connect the phone cable to a splitter. and thn there are two output on other side of the splitter, one goes to thae telephone handset and the other goes to adsl of the w8968, and then there is another cable which connects the lan of the router and ethernet of the computer. and then u can install the router.

But as i said earlier i hav a cable broadbband service which doesn't hav any modem support. The cable wire has a ethernet connection which directly goes into the lan of the laptop and i'm connected.
So now i'm confused how to install the router. the shop owner said i cld just connect it with wifi. but i couldn't.

Last night i got an old modem from my last broadband connection. i tried to put the cable broadband lan into the ethernet port of the modem and then i connect the adsl from modem to w8968 and then the lan of w8968 to ethernet/lan of my laptop.i got the connection but then i got too confused with it and left it over there.
Is there any simple solution? I'm very confused with the whole thing or should i return it and buy something else to make my floor wifi much easily.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
have you even spend a few minutes reading the tp-lonk manual or even looking closely?if you had you would have noticed at the back side of the w8968 a differently coloured lan port labelled E-WAN port.that is the port to use for cable broadband connections & it is also clearly highlighted in both product features & in manual.

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
The instruction is tht i should connect the phone cable to a splitter. and thn there are two output on other side of the splitter, one goes to thae telephone handset and the other goes to adsl of the w8968, and then there is another cable which connects the lan of the router and ethernet of the computer. and then u can install the router.

But as i said earlier i hav a cable broadbband service which doesn't hav any modem support. The cable wire has a ethernet connection which directly goes into the lan of the laptop and i'm connected.
So now i'm confused how to install the router. the shop owner said i cld just connect it with wifi. but i couldn't.

Last night i got an old modem from my last broadband connection. i tried to put the cable broadband lan into the ethernet port of the modem and then i connect the adsl from modem to w8968 and then the lan of w8968 to ethernet/lan of my laptop.i got the connection but then i got too confused with it and left it over there.
Is there any simple solution? I'm very confused with the whole thing or should i return it and buy something else to make my floor wifi much easily.

dude just goto 192.168.1.1
select quick setup
choose the operation mode as Wireless Router Mode : next
enter the credentials

and connect your cable broadband on the LAN4/WAN port at the back of the router, hopefully this will work.

animes_d

Broken In
dude just goto 192.168.1.1
select quick setup
choose the operation mode as Wireless Router Mode : next
enter the credentials

and connect your cable broadband on the LAN4/WAN port at the back of the router, hopefully this will work.

If it would happened in tht way, i won't be beating my brain so hard. I'm not getting the internet after the setup.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
then run ipconfig /all command in command prompt window & post the result here when connected to tp-link(net not working) & when cable directly connected to pc(net working).

Top Bottom