It looks like their main aim was Xbox X and S series will get the worst of the game in terms of graphics. But I didn't know the GPU in Xbox S is so bad.

Also, I thought the game on Xbox X will look way better than the PC with 1060 GPU, If we turn up the graphics quality same as Xbox then frames would drop in PC. Is it not like that?
I don't think Xbox One X runs many new games at 1080p ultra, except FIFA 20 or bit older ones. Also, One X runs a lot of games at 60fps, which is a big step up from 30fps of XB One/One S & PS4.

Games look a bit better on consoles connected to TV because you sit farther away, TVs are better than monitors in terms of colour, contrast, etc, resolution upscaling in TVs (for 4K TVs, in many games One X itself upscale stuff or runs natively) & motion smoothening in TVs (so 30fps doesn't look as bad as it looks on a PC monitor).

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Remember, consoles usually do checkerboarding to upscale too. Not many PC games use it, PC games use native resolutions by default.
I think rainbow six siege and Shadow of War is capable of checkerboarding on PC.

What checkerboarding means -> render every alternate pixel and fill in the middle pixel using some intelligent average technique. Its a poor man's DLSS :p

Remember, consoles usually do checkerboarding to upscale too. Not many PC games use it, PC games use native resolutions by default.
I think rainbow six siege and Shadow of War is capable of checkerboarding on PC.

What checkerboarding means -> render every alternate pixel and fill in the middle pixel using some intelligent average technique. Its a poor man's DLSS :p
Not sure what R6 uses, but it has an option to change render resolution.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Not sure what R6 uses, but it has an option to change render resolution.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering

Though the technique is usually employed with the goal of reducing the computational resources required to render a scene at higher resolutions, it can also be used as a form of anti-aliasing, with Rainbow Six: Siege being one of the games to use it in this manner.[5]

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have a feeling that they are probably facing some massive game breaking issue that they are finding hard to solve.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Understandable. Staggering the releases could mean bad PR.

But I also have a feeling that the game might not live up to the hype. Remember what happened to No Man's Sky?

Understandable. Staggering the releases could mean bad PR.

But I also have a feeling that the game might not live up to the hype. Remember what happened to No Man's Sky?
Not just No Man's Sky, there were Watch Dogs 1, Division 1 & more games which were hyped (not as much as this though) but didn't live up to it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Witcher 3 was also downgraded, to suite the consoles. If you see the pre release trailers the fire effects and everything looks very much detailed. It seems the witcher 3 enhanced edition for ps5/xbox series x will have the original effects planned.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Personally I feel them comitting to stuff like Stadia and next-gen has caused the delay. You think about it, and we even got a Half Life game but this game wasn't released still. Wait continues

Killing Machine
Personally I feel them comitting to stuff like Stadia and next-gen has caused the delay. You think about it, and we even got a Half Life game but this game wasn't released still. Wait continues
Why even go all directions in the first place? I mean, it's not like there are so many people waiting in line for a Stadia release. They could have focussed on the main platforms and later venture out into emerging platforms.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why even go all directions in the first place? I mean, it's not like there are so many people waiting in line for a Stadia release. They could have focussed on the main platforms and later venture out into emerging platforms.
google's fat moolaahhhh

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps Google might have made them sign a contract that they have to release on Stadia along with all platforms.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I suppose Google paid a hefty "fee" for them to release it together with console and PC. What they didn't anticipate is the massive backlash they would get.. Thing is most of the executives that would profit from this money probably didn't even get the backlash and the crunching devs just testing and whatever for another platform are getting the max of it.

Top Bottom