Status
Not open for further replies.
I am opening a Cyber-Cafe in Delhi. I am planning to install 30 Systems in this cafe. All I want is internet connectivity in all these systems. I do not want the hi-fi systems for gaming and all. I just want that each system is good in terms of speed whether it is the speed of the broadband or the speed of the system. I don't want DVD drive, speakers, etc in any of the system. Also, If possible, I want that I don't have to buy separate CPU for all these systems. I want one single CPU works for all the 30 systems. My questions :

1. Whether I should buy assembled PC or branded PC?
2. Which printer shall I buy that takes the printing load of all the 30 systems, it should be a black ink laser printer?
3. Is there any way to connect all the systems to a single CPU, rather than buying 30 CPUs?
4. What are the other things that I may require?
5. Any precaution, do I need to take?
6. What is static IP?
7. Which Internet Connection shall I install?
8. Is it allowed to use the domestic Internet connection commercially?

Thanks and best regards,
Gaurav

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

"Airtel launches cloud computing service on broadband -Offers Net PC - low cost online computer at Rs. 7999-

• A next-generation computer that never goes obsolete and never crashes
• 10 GB data storage space from Nivio, original and latest software from Microsoft with every Net PC
• Ready-to-use online computer complete with 15” LCD monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and Nivio Companion
• Available at Airtel Stores and NEXT Electronic Stores in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida"

Kindly tell me whether I can use this in the cafe?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am opening a Cyber-Cafe in Delhi. I am planning to install 30 Systems in this cafe. All I want is internet connectivity in all these systems. I do not want the hi-fi systems for gaming and all. I just want that each system is good in terms of speed whether it is the speed of the broadband or the speed of the system. I don't want DVD drive, speakers, etc in any of the system. Also, If possible, I want that I don't have to buy separate CPU for all these systems. I want one single CPU works for all the 30 systems. My questions :

2. Which printer shall I buy that takes the printing load of all the 30 systems, it should be a black ink laser printer?
3. Is there any way to connect all the systems to a single CPU, rather than buying 30 CPUs?
6. What is static IP?

Thanks and best regards,
Gaurav

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

"Airtel launches cloud computing service on broadband -Offers Net PC - low cost online computer at Rs. 7999-

• A next-generation computer that never goes obsolete and never crashes
• 10 GB data storage space from Nivio, original and latest software from Microsoft with every Net PC
• Ready-to-use online computer complete with 15” LCD monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and Nivio Companion
• Available at Airtel Stores and NEXT Electronic Stores in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida"

Kindly tell me whether I can use this in the cafe?

i wil answer mainly the pc related queries:

1) branded PC wil be more reliable but wil cost more. their warranty scheme is better. still i'll suggest get them assembled.

3) i don't think thats possible. 30 pc wil put a huge load. individual low cost pc wil work better.

so how much u willing to pay for the 30 pcs? if u want get them assembled we may help you out with perfect priced config. also for UPS, i think its better you get a central UPS. that can power all the 30 PCs together than getting 1 UPS per pc.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
My questions :

+1 to sam, go for assembled ones.

What's your budget??

Again +1 to sam, this is possible but the costing would be huge. Comparatively buying single CPU's will cost much less.

Other than 30 PC's and printer you'll require a Router/Switch.

In what sense?? If you are speaking about power, UPS is a must.

6. What is static IP?
Every machine in a network is singularly differenciated by IP address. If the IP of an PC is set to be static it'll remain untill it's changed manually. Whereas dynamic IP address changes on each login.

Where are you from?? What connections are available there??
You can opt for BSNL, Airtel. (Commercial plans)

Legally no. And illegaly you can use but there will be no advantage. Coz if you opt for domestic plan and share the connection between 30 PC's the bandwidth will get divided and have much less left for each PC. Rather if you opt for commercial plan you'll get same bandwidth for each PC.

As for lowest configuration for cyber cafe :
Intel D945GCLF-ATOM board + ATOM 1.6 GHz - 3.1k
Transcend 1GB DDR2 800MHz - 1.2k
WD 320GB - 2k
Acer X163(15.6”) - 4.5k
Zebronics Kite w/ SMPS - 1.1k
Logitech Set - Optical Blk Mouse + Keyboard - Rs. 625/- OR Microsoft Set - Optical Mouse + Keyboard - Rs. 700/-
L.G. GH22N SATA DVD-Writer - 1.1k

Total(with VAT) - 14k(Approx)

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If you are a techie yourself and don't mind getting your hands dirty from time to time then I would definitely go assembled. However note that it really isn't the cost or the hardware thats going to be a deciding factor when you commit to a business plan but rather to the legalities of your firm. Getting licensed software on 30 PC's itself could b a big pain unless you plan on going Open Source which wouldn't exactly be a wise decision if you don't know what you are doing. Although you might get away for some time without any checking I can guarantee that sometime someone is going to come by for inspection of licenses.

There are tons of printers you can choose from ideally you want a network printer which connects directly to your network. And do remember you might have 30 systems but the chances of all 30 printing at once is kind of astronomical so don;t go all overboard its a waste of investment funds if you ask me . But then again the final decision is your of course.
Yes there is . Refer thin client usage and again there again you might be looking at licensing issues I'm not sure how licensing works on dumb nodes but I'm sure M-Soft has some kind of plans for those as well. Whether it would be cost effective for a cybercafe environment is a question which will require someone to do a cost analysis which I haven't done so can't help you there.
Well you only have mentioned that you need PC's so basically you need whatever you want your cybercafe to cater too. Example what kind of customers do you expects.

Gamers -> Get some good stuff in there licensed games etc.
Executives -> Then make sure you have some Wireless Access Points for them and the required space
Education -> Adequate materials
If you want to exploit the opportunity Id plan for adding something like small snacks and drinks for your customers but Id only go that far once you open and make sure you receive a good number of customers.
Well ventilated space . I can't emphasize on this . No one wants to be all sweaty doing whatever they do. Theres tons of stuff you could think up , it just requires a bit of planning so hop by your competition and see if it arouses your creativity.
Alot, bandwidth usage, maintenance, theft, licensing issues etc. Maintenance is going to be a pita if your supplier is a slacker. However as said before unless you are going to be running at 100% capacity always it shouldn't be much of a problem. However if you go for a thin client solution God save you if your server for some reason botches up.
6. What is static IP?
Once you get connected to the Internet you get assigned a certain IP address which all the traffic comes to . This can be dynamically assigned or statically assigned. Dynamic means that it may vary each time. Static basically means you will have the same IP each time .
Well 30 systems is going to be alot of traffic so plan with a bit of future proofing the last thing you need is to be ending up paying for MB. Ideally you would want an unlimited plan but this would depend on the cost and the area you are located in I guess.
Nope, if you manage to get one installed I bet you get fined within the first two months.

Further I would refer to some folks like ChotoCheetah on this forum or get his email from his blog and contact him he should be well versed in this stuff. For further help on Windows networking you could check with some of the MVP's on this forum assuming they do come here or just get their email and message them. Id check with folks like iMav, Gx, Vishal Gupta etc .

As far as the above info goes I think everything should be approximately correct but make sure you do further research into it before making any purchases. Maybe you could mail in your query to Digit and might get help too :D .

Cheers

PS: The backup power solution for 30 PCs is going to be a nightmare to be decided on. Personally Id go straight to the company for details like that. I was placed with the task with purchasing a power solution for 15 computers and trust me when I say this is one nasty task to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom