Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
how do i delete ctfmon.exe?
its replicating and i have 2 ctfmon.exe files running in the system process

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
u cannot delete it....it is a process associated with MS Office...if u wanna get rid of it...switch back to Office-2000

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
my problem is not with the office file the ctfmon is also a trojan!!! you scan your comp and see if the trojan is also in your comp... use avg anti spyware if its there it will tell you it is usually located in c:\documents and settings\<use r name>\starup i think not very sure....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
nvidia8800 said:
how do i delete ctfmon.exe?

Information is not sufficient to give any suggestions. Please post the HijackThis log file report here for analysis.

1. Download HijackThis

2. Extract the zip content to Desktop

3. Close all Open windows if any including your browser

4. Run Hijackthis

A report will be produced. Copy & paste entire report here for analysis.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Goto Add/Remove Programs list and click on Microsoft Office XP Professional with front page (or something like that. Depends upon which version u hv installed), Now click on Change button and select Add/Remove Features then Next. Now expand Office Shared Features and click on Alternative User Input and select Not Available and finally click on Update.

It'll permanently remove that ctfmon.exe ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Vishal Gupta said:
Goto Add/Remove Programs list and click on Microsoft Office XP Professional with front page (or something like that. Depends upon which version u hv installed), Now click on Change button and select Add/Remove Features then Next. Now expand Office Shared Features and click on Alternative User Input and select Not Available and finally click on Update.

whoa Vishal i never knew it was for that , i though it was an Office Core Component.

I always discover new things by reading your posts :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
nvidia8800 said:

check its locations. if they r not situated in C:\Windows\System32\ they are malware.

prasad_den

Padawan
Vishal Gupta said:

Any suggestions for the same in Office 2007..?? I don't find the entry you have mentioned under Office Shared FEatures..!!

I

ImAClown

exactly. its not there and neither it runs in background. but i often see it walking slowly in the frontyard. i wonder what happened to all its speed???????? maybe it got tired of running in the background. poor guy/gal/guy-gal.

prasad_den

Padawan
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ Yeah, its not there and neither it runs in background. ;)
But I'm still having problems with ctfmon.exe even though office XP has been uninstalled and office 2007 installed in its place...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ It means the file is running bcoz it was left there after uninstalling Office XP. ;)
Did u try to remove it from startup using msconfig?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open IE7 and goto "Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or disable Add-ons". Now check whether an entry for "ctfmon.exe" exists there or not? If yes, then disable it. ;)

prasad_den

Padawan
I checked it now.. I couldn't find any entry even remotely similar to ctfmon.exe...
I searched my sys and found that the file exists in two locations.. the system32 folder and the prefetch folder.. Will deleting these two files solve the problem..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom