Crysis 2 stuttering problem

g_goyal2000

Youngling
I just installed Crysis 2.
The problem is, initially the game runs smooth for a few minutes.
But after a while, the audio starts cracking badly and with it, the game also starts stuttering and the frame rate just drops.
The game starts moving frame by frame.
I have a Dell Laptop Studio 1558 with Intel M430 processor, 4 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 with 1 GB memory, IDT HD Audio, Creative X-Fi MB software.
I have the latest graphics drivers installed for the game.
I also tried updating the game to v1.9 and also installed DX11 patch.
But the problem is still there.
I've tried running the SRL test on my laptop and it says that my configuration is way above the minimum requirements.
Also, I've kept the graphics settings to the lowest level (i.e. High which is the lowest allowed in-game).
Kindly help.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
What is the resolution r u playing i dont think ur card is powerful enough to run Crysis2@30FPS at 1024X768

Crysis 2 - PC Minimum System Requirements

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Seeing your forum siggy the 1 GB ATI 5470 is not very strong.

Reduce resolution to around 1024x768 and then try.

Also try this software- Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Seeing your forum siggy the 1 GB ATI 5470 is not very strong.

Reduce resolution to around 1024x768 and then try.

Also try this software- Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance
The official website mentions that the game requires minimum ATI 3850HD with 512 MB RAM.
I have a ATI Mobility 5470HD with 1 GB RAM.
Isn't that above the minimum requirements?
Also, the System Requirements Lab's "Can You Run It" website says that my system is good to run the game.
*i54.tinypic.com/xnubdf.jpg

Did I mention that the game runs fine for sometime without any problems?
If it wasn't compatible, the game should have started stuttering as soon as the game loaded. But it doesn't!!

The problem starts when the audio starts cracking up... What could be the cause of that?

So what's the problem?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
ATI 5470 Specs.
■Processing power (single precision): 120 GigaFLOPS
■Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 6 Gigatexels/sec
■Pixel fill rate: 3 Gigapixels/sec
■Memory data rate: 3.2 Gbps GDDR5 or 1.6 Gbps DDR3
■Memory bandwidth: 25.6 GB/sec (GDDR5) or 12.8 GB/sec (DDR3)
■TDP: 15 Watts (GDDR5) or 13 Watts (DDR3)

ATI 3850
SP-320
Memory -256Bit
Procesing Power-428 GigaFLOPS
Pixel Fillrate: 12.0 GPixel/s
Texture Fillrate: 12.0 GTexel/s
Memory Bandwidth: 62.2 GB/s

So 3850 is nearly 3-4 times better than ur 5470

Game performance varys from Level to level in a same game depends upon the scenarios

sukesh1090

Adam young
yes 3850 is better than 5470 but not by 4 times i think.:-Dit may be two times better than 5470.
@g_goyal2000
you do one thing,just use fraps and tell the fps count which you are getting.this may help to tell the problem.

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Thanks for the info....
I think I need a new gaming rig.......
My laptop will not suffice anymore....
:(

Anyway, my main question still stands...
Why does the game run smoothly in the beginning for some minutes, and then starts lagging?????
BTW, today the game ran fine for abt 15 minutes and then the problem came up.
But then when new mission/chapter loaded, the game ran fine. But then, in too after a few minutes, the problem cropped up....

Here is a video that I took using fraps which shows the game:
‪Crysis 2 problem‬‏ - YouTube

Plz look at it and tell me what could be the problem...

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
what is the FPS(Frames per second)
also performance of the game varies to the situation and is called Game Workload i.e the bandwith required by the game to work smoothly the games with detailed outdoors textures, crowds, or intense action will result in game stutter and choppy frames in some places in a game the workload is low e.g in indoors etc. where it runs smooth but whenever the workload increases e.g. during firefights,outdoors it shutters
Also xfi-Mb is a sofware layer to emaluate EAX which increases ur CPU utilization try disabling the sound then run & see what happens
i think the FPS u r getting is marginal i.e 20-25 when the workload increases it further drops below 20-15 thats when u experience shuttering
You should get a Desktop if u want to really enjoy this game & many Other :D

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Sorry for the late reply.
Did not receive any notification email.
I'll try disabling X-Fi MB software.
I really hope that helps.

And yeah, maybe sometime later I'll buy myself a new desktop, or maybe a gaming console. Atleast with console, I won't have to worry abt upgrading all the time....

Top Bottom