Cryengine 3 Debuts at GDC09

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
The manufacturer of beautiful virtual worlds your computer can never run, Crytek, has just released a video for the latest iteration of its own CryENGINE, uh, engine: CryENGINE 3. Aside from being a pain to type, it's also a platform for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, MMO, and DX9/DX10 development (which we already knew) that provides scalable computation and graphics for all major upcoming platforms, making it "next-gen ready." In speed tests, the engine ran at over 800 Van-Dammes per second, destroying CryENGINE 2's record of 150 Stathams per second.

Cevat Yerli, CEO & President of Crytek, really thinks the company has a winner here and hopes that developers will use the tech to get started on tomorrow's great games today. He describes the new engine as "a revolutionary change from our previous PC-only engines," and will likely love the money Sony and Microsoft toss at Crytek to make Crysis 2: Strike at the Plant where Billion-Dollar Cybersuits are Made a timed exclusive.

CryENGINE 3 will be on display at GDC09 all of this week. Head past the break for the announcement video showing the engine in action for the first time.

source: *www.joystiq.com/2009/03/23/gdc09-crytek-announces-cryengine-3/

videos:
*pc.ign.com/dor/articles/965172/gdc-09-cryengine-3-in-motion/videos/cryengine3_trl_032309.html

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a9KBqTH3sI

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
lots of jagged edges...-4x anti aliasing or what??....i wonder how it looks in pc
+1

Its just the modified version of CryENGINE 2 which is optimised for scaling well...
Nothing more than this...I thought of how my PC is capable of playing games developed with this Engine..

Hope Crytek not ended with another Dunia Engine..:grin::-D

OP
PCWORM

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
I think they are still working on the engine!!
and yeah.. the engine will work good on the PC..imho!

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Hope it doesn't end up becoming a struggle for even the DX11 cards in Q4 2009 to play it. And then it'll again be tagged that "It's not for this gen gfx cards"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom