Cricket World Cup 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

It's me.....
;)Hey Friends...we r about see another battle between Top 16 Cricket playing Nations..from 11th March 2007 in West Indies....So get ready to feel the heat...

I'm posting Match Schedule of World Cup here...Enjoy...:D
Group D (Jamaica) : Pakistan ; West Indies ; Zimbabwe ; Ireland
( All teams will play their Group matches on the grounds mentioned with their respective groups..)

Sun 11 Mar Opening Ceremony

*******First Stage - Group Matches*********

Tue 13 Mar : West Indies v Pakistan
Wed 14 Mar : Australia v Scotland ******** Kenya v Canada
Thu 15 Mar : Sri Lanka v Bermuda *******Zimbabwe v Ireland
Fri 16 Mar : South Africa v The Netherlands ******* England v New Zealand
Sat 17 Mar : India v Bangladesh ********Pakistan v Ireland
Sun 18 Mar : Australia v The Netherlands *******England v Canada
Mon 19 Mar : India v BermudaWest******** Indies v Zimbabwe
Tue 20 Mar :South Africa v Scotland******* New Zealand v Kenya
Wed 21 Mar : Sri Lanka v Bangladesh******** Zimbabwe v Pakistan
Thu 22 Mar :Scotland v The Netherlands******** New Zealand v Canada
Fri 23 Mar : India v Sri Lanka******** West Indies v Ireland
Sat 24 Mar :Australia v South Africa**********England v Kenya
Sun 25 Mar :Bermuda v Bangladesh
Mon 26 Mar : reserve day

*********Second Stage – Super Eight Series**********

Tue 27 Mar : D2 v A1
Wed 28 Mar : A2 v B1
Thu 29 Mar : D2 v C1
Fri 30 Mar : D1 v C2
Sat 31 Mar : A1 v B2
Sun 01 Apr : D2 v B1
Mon 02 Apr : B2 v C1
Tue 03 Apr : D1 v A2
Wed 04 Apr : C2 v B1
Sat 07 Apr : B2 v A2
Sun 08 Apr : A1 v C2
Mon 09 Apr : D1 v C1
Tue 10 Apr : D2 v A2
Wed 11 Apr : C2 v B2
Thu 12 Apr : B1 v C1
Fri 13 Apr : A1 v D1
Sat 14 Apr : A2 v C1
Sun 15 Apr : B2 v D1
Mon 16 Apr : A1 v B1
Tue 17 Apr : A2 v C2
Wed 18 Apr : D1 v B1
Thu 19 Apr : D2 v B2
Fri 20 Apr : A1 v C1
Sat 21 Apr : D2 v C2

[ These A1 , A2 , B1 , B2 , C1 , C2 , D1 , D2 are top two teams of First Stage for each group ( Group A , B , C , D)]

*************Semi Finals****************

Semi Final 1(Jamaica) : Tues 24 Apr Semi Final 1: 2 v 3
Semi Final 2(St Lucia) :Wed 25 Apr Semi Final 2: 1 v 4

[ Top 4 teams of Second Stage will play Semi Finals ]

*****************Final*****************

Sat 28 Apr(Barbados) : FINAL

( There is a reserve day for every match i.e. next day of every match day is a reserve day for that match..)
....................Enjoy...........................:D

Last edited:
OP
Matrix

Matrix

It's me.....
Event Symbol and Mascot for World Cup 2007.....:D

now we have been watching advertisements of World Cup 2007 on Sony Entertainment and Sony Max...Symbol shows a man running , tree stumps , White Cricket ball and a Beach...cool na..:D

Mascot is Mello , neither an object, animal nor person but instead a youthful, friendly, contemporary character with bright eyes, a big smile and an abundance of personality. He’s in his teens—cheeky and curious and socially aware like so many young people today. Because Mello is conscious of the growing HIV problem around the world he wears a red ribbon to show his support for the ICC/UNAIDS initiative.....

Visit here..*www.icc-cricket.com/icc/events/worldcup/event.html

"The Indians have sent us a proposed itinerary and we are studying it but the tour will be an hectic one as India have to tour Australia from mid-December," Pakistan Cricket Board, Director, Cricket Operations, Saleem Altaf told PTI.

The tour to India was confirmed after Pakistan and Australia agreed to play a series in Pakistan from March 9, 2008. He said the PCB had this time conveyed to BCCI to reduce the amount of travelling which was a major logistical hassle for them in 2005.

"We will sort out everything soon and hopefully tihs time the travelling distances would not be like last time," said Altaf, who was the Pakistan team manager on the 2005 tour. Altaf said Pakistan and India would also be holding talks during the next ICC meeting in May in which they would finalise the programme for the off-shore matches.

"We have a verbal agreement with the Indian board to play them in minimum 12 or 15 one-dayers at off shore venues over the next five years. We want to move forward on that." He said Pakistan would tour India from November 2, immediately after Australia completed a one-day series of seven matches in October.

Altaf said the Australians would tour Pakistan from March 9, 2008 after which the Asia Cup will be held from April 24 in which India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh would also participate. Pakistan would also host South Africa from September 25 this year and Zimbabwe for three one-dayers in January, 2008.

Last edited:

gofeddy

Broken In
To be frank, most of us have to admit that the Aussies are going to take home the trophy looking at the form they are in. Even if 10 of them are not playing well, the remaining guy will take them to victory. Great!!!

OP
Matrix

Matrix

It's me.....
Match between Australia and South Africa on 24th Mar will be great to watch..although match is very late scheduled in first stage, should be scheduled in starting of first stage....will help to set the tone for world cup...:D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I firmly believe that one of the finalists will be West Indies. They play very very well at home, and with the slow pitches in WI, Gayle and Samuels will become doubly effective. Do remember that despite being written off, WI have reached the finals of the last two major ODI tournaments i.e. Champions Trophy 2004 and 2006.

If Symonds doesn't play, then I think it will be a huge blow to the Aussies. Remember, WI will have slow pitches.

India will reach the semi finals for sure. We have a good team, and on slow pitches, our batsmen are doubly dangerous.

OP
Matrix

Matrix

It's me.....
mail2and said:
I firmly believe that one of the finalists will be West Indies. They play very very well at home, and with the slow pitches in WI, Gayle and Samuels will become doubly effective. Do remember that despite being written off, WI have reached the finals of the last two major ODI tournaments i.e. Champions Trophy 2004 and 2006.

If Symonds doesn't play, then I think it will be a huge blow to the Aussies. Remember, WI will have slow pitches.

India will reach the semi finals for sure. We have a good team, and on slow pitches, our batsmen are doubly dangerous.

yes u r right...it's now upto indian batsman and spinners...specially middle order batsman...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom