Creative original Driver... or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
Now my Sound Card may be "ancient" for some... it's a humble "creative live CT4830"

It's "4.1" and I have speakers from Creative too "Inspire 4.1"

Somehow I cannot get enough of them... even though my "Motherboard" has 5.1 Audio Chip... i like my "Creative"

Now my question is... till now I have been using the original, Creative's driver"

And recently my fren suggested me... this driver by Kx project
*kxproject.lugosoft.com/

So what shall I DO ?

Is it good ?

please help... Gsoul

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
KX anyday .. particularly on older chips ... does real magic .. u can give EAX a miss anyday with the quality offered by the KX ...

OP
gsoul2soul

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
Well I tried the KX driver... and had a lil problem though

Even though my speakers fared well when i did "Speakers Test" you know all the speakers were recognized and sound came.

But when i was playing Mp3 or something... i will only hear sound coming from the Front pair (the rear had nothing... )

By the way... the speakers were "reversed as they told... you know swap the front to rear... and rear to front".

Help.... anyone ?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
gsoul2soul said:
Well I tried the KX driver... and had a lil problem though

Even though my speakers fared well when i did "Speakers Test" you know all the speakers were recognized and sound came.

But when i was playing Mp3 or something... i will only hear sound coming from the Front pair (the rear had nothing... )

By the way... the speakers were "reversed as they told... you know swap the front to rear... and rear to front".

Help.... anyone ?

Well , KX should install 4 devices for ur sound card at a single time .. numbered as 0/1 , 3/4 etc. etc. .. check out which one is selected under "Sound Properties" in control panel ... then select that respective one in the player ur using to play the song (Winamp eeh ??) ...

OP
gsoul2soul

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
deathvirus_me said:
Well , KX should install 4 devices for ur sound card at a single time .. numbered as 0/1 , 3/4 etc. etc. .. check out which one is selected under "Sound Properties" in control panel ... then select that respective one in the player ur using to play the song (Winamp eeh ??) ...

Okay... okay !!!

Well Yes I am using "Winamp 5" to play my mp3.

So when you say 4 devices for my sound card... does that mean something like 4/4 (means 4 channel for 4 speaker something... he he he see I'm soo confused)

Help please...
Gsoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom