creative 4.1 sound and movies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
needing a surround sound system in my room with an extream budget, i decided to pick up the creative m4500 4.1 surround sound system.

the speakers are good enough for me, it does the job really well for music listening.
the problem comes when i watch movies, the sound comes from all 4 speakers, but the dialogs and voices are almost MUTE. i cant hear any talking.

after doing a little reading, i kinda figured, the voices come from the center speaker during movies present in a 5.1 system. watching movies is now useless on my system. i have to disable the surround settup (using realtek control panel driver) before i watch a movie!

is there ANY way i can get movies working with voices on a 4.1 system? or have i made a huge mistake by picking up 4.1 :(

RexRazr

Broken In
u've got the prob right...n i don't think that u can really watch a movie with full surround on 4.1 speakers (except virtual surround enabled for quadrophonic speakers)...bcoz the surround sound in movies and other videos (which have it) is 6 channel...not 4

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
i tried changing some settings and even with quadrophonic sound, i get sounds and voices but the rear speakers dont work...
sigh, i guess i made a mistake by picking up these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom