Create A Windows Xo Bootable Cd With All Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I HAVE A WINDOWS XP PROFFESIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 2 . As i have a

pc which is about 6 year old the hardware keep crashing and i had to repetadily install with going over all the upgrades and driver installations

I AM FEDDD UPPP

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO CREATE A RECOVERY DISK WITH ALL UPGRADES IN CASE MY SYSTEM FAILS . IT COST A BOBM ON MY PHONE BILL

PLEASE TELL ME THE STEPS IF REQUIRED I CAN ATTACH A DVD WRITER FOR MORE SPACE BUT CD IS PREFFERD

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
why dont you use softwares like norton ghost or acronis true image to make copy of ur win drive ..
i never restored my pc with s/w but ppl say it takes 2-3 min to complete

p.s: wait for others opinion

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
ayushman9 said:
I HAVE A WINDOWS XP PROFFESIONAL WITH SERVICE PACK 2 . As i have a

pc which is about 6 year old the hardware keep crashing and i had to repetadily install with going over all the upgrades and driver installations

I AM FEDDD UPPP

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO CREATE A RECOVERY DISK WITH ALL UPGRADES IN CASE MY SYSTEM FAILS . IT COST A BOBM ON MY PHONE BILL

PLEASE TELL ME THE STEPS IF REQUIRED I CAN ATTACH A DVD WRITER FOR MORE SPACE BUT CD IS PREFFERD
what you need is nlite ..
go to
Code:
www.nliteos.com
.. Use nlite to reduce the unrequired files from installtion
n tweak it to best possible way, Dont delete too much ..

&

always takes a backup using Ghost/Acronis true image
.. to restore the C: drive from image.
It restores the drive in minutes :)

Last edited:

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
hey i used acronis true image to backup my win drive due to some problem i restored my win drive in just 10 min with all s/w, drivers, patches
it jst requres one rescue disk and HDD space to store back up ...

Vyasram

The pWnster
as it wazznt me suggested use ryan's integrator and dload ryan's update pack and burn em. simple and the best

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I also am using acronis true image to restore in case of crashes, virus, etc. It usally takes just about 10-12 minutes to this. If I had reinstalled win xp from the set up cd, It would take me hours to configure everything. You should keep a back up using acronis true image just after formatting, installing and configuring everything. This back up can preferably in the protected zone of acronis true image. It should never be changed.

Cool Surfer

Broken In
Great collection of softwares guys. :)
I always wanted to have an image of my system, as I need frequent installations after beta testing softwares.

well u can integrate the new updates in the window xp sp2+ cd. go to add/remove programs and click on show updates. get there names starting from kb*.exe. download them from microsoft site by searching on it with string "download kb9210456".download all the updates and put in one directory. make a backup copy of window xp sp2+ on a folder say c:\xp. from command prompt of update directory run the command
di:>updatename.exe /integrate:c:\xp

and that update will be integrated in xp sp2+ backup.
1 problem is that till now microsoft has provided more then 60 updates. not all will b integrated but ur xp backup will move to size nearly of 800 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom