CPU vs CPU

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i5 6600 or i3 8th gen..with DDR4 2400 MHZ CORSAIR veng...which one to be chosen for better performance in respect of casual gaming..HD movie..photoshop and speed?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
bought Ryzen 2400G with mobo Giga B450M DS3H
Now i hv a pen drive ready with Win 10 build through Rufus fir UEFI...i want to know what exactly should be the BIOS settings to install win 10 smoothly...this uefi type is new for me...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Bought after Ryzen 3000 launch?

There are lot of youtube videos, probably even for your motherboard specific things. Check them.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why gigabyte & why 2400G? 2400G is only recommended if you are not going to get a dedicated graphics card later.There are better options than b450m ds3h for similar/bit more price.

Just disable secure boot in mobo uefi settings & once win 10 is successfully installed,turn it back on.Rufus with latest win 10 versions now needs this turning off of secure boot because latest win 10 ISOs now contain a single file larger than 4gb making rufus need to format usb as ntfs which is incompatible with secure boot(there are other tools which can bypass this restriction by splitting the win 10 iso into smaller than 4gb file parts but I think rufus is better for a typical user,just don't forget about secure boot).

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Why gigabyte & why 2400G? 2400G is only recommended if you are not going to get a dedicated graphics card later.There are better options than b450m ds3h for similar/bit more price.

Just disable secure boot in mobo uefi settings & once win 10 is successfully installed,turn it back on.Rufus with latest win 10 versions now needs this turning off of secure boot because latest win 10 ISOs now contain a single file larger than 4gb making rufus need to format usb as ntfs which is incompatible with secure boot(there are other tools which can bypass this restriction by splitting the win 10 iso into smaller than 4gb file parts but I think rufus is better for a typical user,just don't forget about secure boot).

thanks.

No dedicated graphics required now...only some casual gaming with low setting will do now ... mainly needed for basic computing for school student.

someone suggested this combo here in the forum

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
by the way what games can be played with this cpu?

This review shall give a good idea :
Ryzen 5 3400G Review: CPU + Vega Graphics

Compare the bench marked games requirements to the requirements of other games and if you are planning to play at 720P then you may be able to use medium graphic settings.

Top Bottom