Cpu usage 100%

manishrpvv

Broken In
HI
frnds

my desktop cpu usage is showing 100% constantly it doesn't decrease at all , is there any problem with this . bcz till now whenever i checked cpu usage it only shows 5% to 10% cpu usage .

cpu is intel core 2 duo 2.4

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is a chance of your system is affectedness by VIRUS infection. Better to install a fresh copy of OS and then some good anti virus software. My preference is Avast Free Antivirus.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
launch task manager and sew which process is causing such high cpu usages. Post the process/service name.

amjath

Human Spambot
screenshot of task manager with processes tab showing high cpu usage application please. As everyone above me states it might virus /malware issue

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced issue before not because of any malware but caused by vga driver(xp), nic drive(xp)r, windows update (XP) and once while installing some all in one web server app ( win8) ... so not always malware/malicious softwares are behind such abnormal behaviors.

OP
M

manishrpvv

Broken In
hey i have resolved my problem that high cpu usage is bcz of site grabber
I am downloading the site and ran the site grabber which is using 100%cpu

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey i have resolved my problem that high cpu usage is bcz of site grabber
I am downloading the site and ran the site grabber which is using 100%cpu

nice to know you have solved the issue .. and which site grabber you are talking about ? provide a link of the app so this app can be avoided as there's many such apps.

nice to know you have solved the issue .. and which site grabber you are talking about ? provide a link of the app so this app can be avoided as there's many such apps.
There's no problem with the software. I used it on my college's pc running on C2D adn it ran perfectly fine.. I think OP's system was left ideal so the soft increased the cpu usage.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
How in the hell does a software uses CPU usage if left on idle? :confused:

If you meant, maybe the OS started some process like defrag which usually is scheduled to run when PC is idle for a specifed period of time, then it I could have buy it! :p

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
on my quad core it uses 35-50% cpu time .. so IDM site grabber is indeed one of the cpu intensive app.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ that must be a April fool's joke! Cause IDM can't possibly take 35-50% CPU! I have dual core APU, and two services of IDM together don't even take 1%! :lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nope, that's not a joke and I'm using IDM version 6.15 - just tested before making the post.

Top Bottom