Cpu temperature 90 degree

thegodofwar

Broken In
My config is fx 6300. Sapphire r9 390 nitro. 500 gb Seagate hdd. Generic atx cabin. Gigabyte motherboard usb 3 78lmt. 4 gb into 2 hynix ram. Windows 7 64 bit pirated. Psu vp 650p. Ups is 1 kva of Legrand. During normal use no heating everything is smooth. No restart of pc. But during assassin's creed 5 temp of cpu reaches 90 degree and gpu 62(which i think is normal for my model).. Recently i had reapplied thermal paste.. It increased the game restart time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Same problem with gta 5.. But i am able to play older tomb raider for longer time.. My cabin is generic and congested.. Kept between two vertical wooden shelf.. Please help what to do.its irritating when pc restart in gaming photo *s10.postimg.org/de3lvwtcp/IMG_20160402_135313.jpgimage upload no resize

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Changing cpu cooler may help as I don't see any other way .
Try this : Cooler Master Hyper 103 Cooler - Buy Cooler Master Hyper 103 Cooler Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal .

There is also little costly one like Cooler Master Hyper 212X Cooling Fan - Buy Cooler Master Hyper 212X Cooling Fan Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal

I saw few guys here at digit are using it.

Hrishi

Ensure that the heatsinks and fans are cleaned up.
Also the way you applied the TIM matters a lot.
What's the idle temp in BIOS?
What is the model number of cpu?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

A

amit.tiger12

Increase fan speed from BIOS, there is setting for that. Noisy sound but high speed.
Keep cooler and cabinet dust free always. For maximum performance.
Change cpu cooler try some other, best cooler for that temp will be water cooler.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
change the thermal paste, I just changed for my FX6300 today.
DeepCool z5 - 450 from ebay. using it currently as I type
cpu is now @ 27deg in an ac room. previously @ 40 ~ 60 at slight load.

for fx series due to somewhat more heat, I'd recommend you a "bottom mount cpu case" or "turn the case upside down" (take care of the HDD's, you have only ssd then ok)

and add a cooling fan. the psu will run very much cooler and extends its life. my psu barely heats up in my case.

Last edited:

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi thegodofwar,
I agree with Ricky & amit.tiger12. Based on your post, it might be an overheat issue. I'd like to check with you, what was the last temperature you noticed. Generally, anything above 90 is when you should be worrying as dangerous periods at this temperature can ruin the lifetime and wear down your computer components.
If the monitored temperature was almost same as prolonged periods like 70 to 90, it can affect the hardware anytime. To overcome the problem, you can consider getting a new liquid cooling system or take regular breaks.
Hope this information helps.

OP
T

thegodofwar

Broken In
Hi thegodofwar,
I agree with Ricky & amit.tiger12. Based on your post, it might be an overheat issue. I'd like to check with you, what was the last temperature you noticed. Generally, anything above 90 is when you should be worrying as dangerous periods at this temperature can ruin the lifetime and wear down your computer components.
If the monitored temperature was almost same as prolonged periods like 70 to 90, it can affect the hardware anytime. To overcome the problem, you can consider getting a new liquid cooling system or take regular breaks.
Hope this information helps.

sir high temp only during gaming .. and i game once or twice in a month.. still i will try to buy cooler n cabinet

A

amit.tiger12

sir high temp only during gaming .. and i game once or twice in a month.. still i will try to buy cooler n cabinet
Then why you bother much if you play games one twice a month. Use AC while playing games, and regular use non AC.
You have GPU??
Then for normal use switch to motherboard vga connector. And when plan to game use GPU.
I am still looking for adapter to switch between motherboard and GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1st of all clean your motherboard and re-apply your thermal paste.
Use Noctua Thermal paste.

Buy any CPU Coolers from cooler master which suits your budget.

The temps will drastically come down.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Then why you bother much if you play games one twice a month. Use AC while playing games, and regular use non AC.
You have GPU??
Then for normal use switch to motherboard vga connector. And when plan to game use GPU.
I am still looking for adapter to switch between motherboard and GPU.
If you are using VGA cable 1st change that to DVI-D cable.

There is no need to inter change GPU or mobo while if it is Intel Processors and also AMD FX processors does not have iGPU's, so cannot use onboard video.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There is 1 CPU cooler on sale in Tech Enclave forum under the sale thread named as AMD PC
Bargain and get it, use sufficient thermal paste by using x method for appliying it.

Also you need to put 1 front 120mm intake fan and 1 rear 120mm exhaust fan.

If you are gaming try to open your present case side window.

I use my GPU while gaming or running any GPU bound apps otherwise I use iGPU of my processor but it runs slow and windows does not open faster.

A

amit.tiger12

If you are using VGA cable 1st change that to DVI-D cable.

There is no need to inter change GPU or mobo while if it is Intel Processors and also AMD FX processors does not have iGPU's, so cannot use onboard video.

No, i don't know exact name for cable so used it.
In old system like i have, works on g41 chipset with VGA cable.
And using some old non sense gpu nvidia galaxy 210 got from friend.
Now because of high electricity bill i wanted to use GPU while playing games only. Normal usage no need for GPU.
I can't remove GPU from motherboard everytime, display cable will do. So i was searching for easy switching via adapter between motherboard and display cable. (Using switch).

I thought if something like that anyone know with proper name of device, adapter. It will help this post and me also. but forgot about he is using AMD setup.

A

amit.tiger12

^ without that thermal paste.. computer won't run for more than 5 min...
I tried already, when i was noob..

Top Bottom