CPU Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

QeeR

Broken In
My CPU was overheating and then i took it to a vendor who repairs it without changing any of the hardwares (as far as i know as i was not charged) ... And now the same thing happens (Overheating again) .. So the answer i am looking for is "What the vendor had done to repair it the first time i took it to him?" "And what cause this overheating and how to prevent it?" If it does not involve any hardware change then i think that i could do it without taking it back to the vendor .. I had replace the SMPS but i still got the same problem .. So its not the SMPS..I believe it would not be the UPS.. ..So If anyone could help i would appreciate it very much.. Thnx

OP
Q

QeeR

Broken In
MY system Config : Dual Core, MSI motherboard, 256 + 512 DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon graphic card,
temperature starts from 70 and ended at 110 (checking from the BIOS) and the system shut down immediately

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
May be ur processor heat sink not seated properly.
Take the processor heatsink+fan and apply new thermal compound after removing old compound ,it shud solve the heating problem ,if u r not sure how, better take to the vendor itself.Also chk if u hav at least one case fan at the back.
overheating problems r not caused by smps or ups.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
First try with ordinary thermal compound.
best ones r Artic silver5 Rs 260/- and Arctic Cooling MX-2 Rs 310/-
both r good but not really necessary to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom